"Second time at Rome" Rome by Turska
Rome Travel Guide: 12,237 reviews and 27,423 photos
When I hadn´t even met my husband,I was two weeks at Rome with my sisters.The other one was living there three years,and we others were on inter-rail-trip,paid by parents who made us promise to be in Rome for longest time-to see our oldest sister.
I loved Rome allready then,and saw a little different kind of Rome then,when we met more locals,when to visit locals and lived at house of flats with lots of locals.It was in the edge of town.Now we were in the middle,near Pantheon.We rented a flat,and even though the falt was little dirty and not so nice as we thought,we didn´t let it spoil our holliday.
We made breakfast at our flat,ate it at balcony and then left to see the town.We walked at least 23km every day,and mostly over 30km.Aftre sightseeing we came to flat,rested,took a shower-and then went out again!To eat out late,and to just wonder around,and watch the people.
Most of nights we walked to Trasrevere,witch was very nice area at night-time.
Befoe we came to Rome,we also visited Bergamo and Milan.Those were nice also,but Rome was best.This will certainly not be our last trip to Italy-maybe not even to Rome.
People warned us,that Italian people are not friendly to foreigners.We didn´t see it.We had allways friendly service,and no troubles at all.And they were so hapy,when we said only few words in Italian.Easy to learn for everyone.
Our favourite places at night came to be Trastevere and all the monuments at night-lightnings.
I red at VT that someone didn´t like Ostia Antica.For me it was one of highlight as a teenager,and now again.If you think you are as much a history-lover as I am,then I suggest you to go there.It´s like going back in time-it´s told to be second best saved antic town after Pompeij.I don´t know is it true,but anyway-I love it.
This had changed a lot since I was here 17 years ago.There was much more new things-witch weren´t very good value,and... more travel advice
We were little shocked how much trash people leave on the streets,throw to Tevere(Tiber),and how they can even draw a... more travel advice
Turska's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "Awestruck in Rome"
- "weekends in Rome"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 50 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 70 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Area around the Oval Space."
- Commented on one of Turska's Rome tips
- updated a Rome Travel Page "Second time at Rome"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Very cheap,and good!"
- Wrote a Review Cheap things-maybe not best value about Porta Portese Market in Rome Shopping
- Uploaded a Video to Rome
Photos in RomeSee All Photos (93)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampere Intro, 93 reviews, 126 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 121 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 52 reviews, 94 photos
- Rome Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 35 reviews, 107 photos
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 89 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos
- Berlin Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos
- Turku Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos
- Porto Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos