"Second time at Rome" Rome by Turska

Rome Travel Guide: 12,092 reviews and 26,950 photos

One of cities we might visit even once more..

When I hadn´t even met my husband,I was two weeks at Rome with my sisters.The other one was living there three years,and we others were on inter-rail-trip,paid by parents who made us promise to be in Rome for longest time-to see our oldest sister.
I loved Rome allready then,and saw a little different kind of Rome then,when we met more locals,when to visit locals and lived at house of flats with lots of locals.It was in the edge of town.Now we were in the middle,near Pantheon.We rented a flat,and even though the falt was little dirty and not so nice as we thought,we didn´t let it spoil our holliday.
We made breakfast at our flat,ate it at balcony and then left to see the town.We walked at least 23km every day,and mostly over 30km.Aftre sightseeing we came to flat,rested,took a shower-and then went out again!To eat out late,and to just wonder around,and watch the people.
Most of nights we walked to Trasrevere,witch was very nice area at night-time.
Befoe we came to Rome,we also visited Bergamo and Milan.Those were nice also,but Rome was best.This will certainly not be our last trip to Italy-maybe not even to Rome.
People warned us,that Italian people are not friendly to foreigners.We didn´t see it.We had allways friendly service,and no troubles at all.And they were so hapy,when we said only few words in Italian.Easy to learn for everyone.

Trastevere at night-time

Our favourite places at night came to be Trastevere and all the monuments at night-lightnings.

Ostia Antica

I red at VT that someone didn´t like Ostia Antica.For me it was one of highlight as a teenager,and now again.If you think you are as much a history-lover as I am,then I suggest you to go there.It´s like going back in time-it´s told to be second best saved antic town after Pompeij.I don´t know is it true,but anyway-I love it.

• Last visit to Rome: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 5, 2014

Turska

“Wrap your troubles in dreams!”

Badges & Stats in Rome