"One place to explore the area" Sorrento by Turska

Sorrento Travel Guide: 638 reviews and 1,414 photos

Not so many photos

I didn´t actually take so many photos about Sorrento itself. We mostly only eat and slept here. There´s nothing wrong with this little town, but we didn´t find anthing so special about it either. I think we might stay at Napoli, if we go one day again. But no-one knows, maybe we could even syat at Sorrentp. It was maybe even little too quiet at march, but maybe it is totally different at the summer.
People were mostly very friendly, and maybe we didn´t see the best of the town, because it was so cold, we didn´t go to harbour at all. It felt like it could have been too windy down there.
But some people say that Sorrento is too touristy. I think we saw so many locals, that I wouldn´t say it´s too touristy. I know it´s different at summer, but still so. It´s not only hotels and tourist shops, there is also real life in there. It was much nicer than we expected, but we didn´t expect a lot. My parents were here year before, and took accidently a hotel from 7km from the centre. Be careful if you don´t want that far.

Ghost house ;)

I think it was an old mill or something. We walked by it many times every day, because our apartment was close to it. One night we noticed it changing color! We stopped at the bridge (witch it was under) at Via Fuorimura and I got photos of it red, purple, blue, yellow.. I´m not fan of colorful electric lights, but this was somehow great. After that we stopped to see it every night coming back "home".

Oranges and lemons

There was oranges and lemons growing everywhere, by the main street, at the private gardens at other gardens. I woner do people take those when walking by, or are they too dirty.
I did buy many lemon products. I love lemon and I love garlic and chili. The food here was then much better than in northern Italy! And it was good there also, so..

• Pros:Small and not too noisy
  • Cons:Small, maybe even too quiet at march..
  • Last visit to Sorrento: Mar 2012
  • Intro Updated Apr 29, 2012

Comments

Turska

“Wrap your troubles in dreams!”

Badges & Stats in Sorrento

Have you been to Sorrento?