"One place to explore the area" Sorrento by Turska
Sorrento Travel Guide: 653 reviews and 1,464 photos
I didn´t actually take so many photos about Sorrento itself. We mostly only eat and slept here. There´s nothing wrong with this little town, but we didn´t find anthing so special about it either. I think we might stay at Napoli, if we go one day again. But no-one knows, maybe we could even syat at Sorrentp. It was maybe even little too quiet at march, but maybe it is totally different at the summer.
People were mostly very friendly, and maybe we didn´t see the best of the town, because it was so cold, we didn´t go to harbour at all. It felt like it could have been too windy down there.
But some people say that Sorrento is too touristy. I think we saw so many locals, that I wouldn´t say it´s too touristy. I know it´s different at summer, but still so. It´s not only hotels and tourist shops, there is also real life in there. It was much nicer than we expected, but we didn´t expect a lot. My parents were here year before, and took accidently a hotel from 7km from the centre. Be careful if you don´t want that far.
I think it was an old mill or something. We walked by it many times every day, because our apartment was close to it. One night we noticed it changing color! We stopped at the bridge (witch it was under) at Via Fuorimura and I got photos of it red, purple, blue, yellow.. I´m not fan of colorful electric lights, but this was somehow great. After that we stopped to see it every night coming back "home".
There was oranges and lemons growing everywhere, by the main street, at the private gardens at other gardens. I woner do people take those when walking by, or are they too dirty.
I did buy many lemon products. I love lemon and I love garlic and chili. The food here was then much better than in northern Italy! And it was good there also, so..
- Pros:Small and not too noisy
- Cons:Small, maybe even too quiet at march..
We have had many good meals in restaurants recommended by Michelin guidebooks (not with Michelin stars, way over our... more travel advice
It had "recommend by Trip Advisor-stamp at door", so I thought it would be nice. We ate here twice. First time was even... more travel advice
Turska's Related Pages
Sorrento Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An excellent base for exploring....."
- "Sorrento - Sunshine by the Sea"
- "Sorrento - Pearl of the Amalfi Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sorrento
- Hotels in Sorrento
- Transportation in Sorrento
- Nightlife in Sorrento
- Restaurants in Sorrento
- Shopping in Sorrento
- Warnings and Dangers in Sorrento
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sorrento
- 8 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 47 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Sorrento?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sorrento
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "E-mails from VT"
- updated a Sorrento Travel Page "One place to explore the area"
- Uploaded a Photo to "One place to explore the area"
- Wrote a Review Recommended by Michelin guidebook about Zi Ntonio in Sorrento Restaurants
- Commented on one of hawkhead's Sorrento travel pages
Photos in SorrentoSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampere Intro, 97 reviews, 129 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 121 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 52 reviews, 94 photos
- Rome Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 35 reviews, 107 photos
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 89 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos
- Berlin Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos
- Turku Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos
- Porto Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos