"BAYEUX, still a medieval city" Top 5 Page for this destination Bayeux by jakiline

Bayeux Travel Guide: 189 reviews and 558 photos

The Cathedral

I've lived in Bayeux since 1999. My job is not far. It is a quiet city, attractive to many tourists: Middle Ages, architecture and history, and a place to rest after the visits in the various war museums all around...

The cathedral is my landmark: wherever I come from, I think "home sweet home"

there is a medieval festival, first weekend in july "LES FETES MEDIEVALES de bayeux"

River Aure

There's a nice walk along the River that may lead you from the campsite to the town centre in a few minutes.
I do not live in a tent, of course!
I ' ve just settled by the river and I always go shopping on foot.

There are nice hotels in Bayeux as well: I recommend Churchill Hotel

And all around you may find B & Bs

View the old city

The river flows under the houses, the hospital... it sometimes overflows after heavy rains
(it last happened in 1999 and 2000, as a welcome to me)

• Pros:touristic, and almost at the seaside
  • Cons:no nightlife
  • In a nutshell:Think medieval and enjoy the city
  • Intro Written Jun 3, 2006

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2010 at 10:33 PM

I owe you a rating...I do not think I realized at the time. Stayed Hotel Churchill and loved it and Bayeux Marg

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2009 at 6:00 AM

I'm back to your page once again and appreciating your excellent tips for lodging and restaurants, among others. More interested in this region than ever before...finding ancestors from Anjou region. Maybe a trip on the horizon!

• guernseydonkey's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2007 at 1:59 PM

Looks like Its another place to stop off on the noisy Harley . I hope i do not wake you!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2006 at 8:28 AM

Beautiful place, wonderful pics and interesting tips, Jacqueline! Thanks - spasibo!

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2006 at 6:37 PM

How lucky you are to live in Normandy! It's one of my favorite places in all the world. Thanks for the good tips.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2006 at 2:55 PM

We found Le Pommier by accident last October and you're right. It's a lovely restaurant. We were there on a chilly day and really enjoyed the warmth of both food and ambience. Good tip. Thanks.

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2006 at 1:07 PM

I will surely find the information about hotels more handy when I venture into Bayeux. Thanks for sharing.

jakiline Lives Here!

jakiline

“"What country, friends, is this?", Twelfth Night, Shakespeare”

Badges & Stats in Bayeux