"BAYEUX, still a medieval city" Top 5 Page for this destination Bayeux by jakiline
Bayeux Travel Guide: 196 reviews and 595 photos
I've lived in Bayeux since 1999. My job is not far. It is a quiet city, attractive to many tourists: Middle Ages, architecture and history, and a place to rest after the visits in the various war museums all around...
The cathedral is my landmark: wherever I come from, I think "home sweet home"
there is a medieval festival, first weekend in july "LES FETES MEDIEVALES de bayeux"
There's a nice walk along the River that may lead you from the campsite to the town centre in a few minutes.
I do not live in a tent, of course!
I ' ve just settled by the river and I always go shopping on foot.
There are nice hotels in Bayeux as well: I recommend Churchill Hotel
And all around you may find B & Bs
The river flows under the houses, the hospital... it sometimes overflows after heavy rains
(it last happened in 1999 and 2000, as a welcome to me)
- Pros:touristic, and almost at the seaside
- Cons:no nightlife
- In a nutshell:Think medieval and enjoy the city
If you come to Bayeux in the touristic season by car, you may have little problems: streets are narrow, and car parks... more travel advice
You can find these hotel-restaurants in ARROMANCHES and PORT EN BESSIN (about 10/12 km far from Bayeux) Both are set on... more travel advice
jakiline's Related Pages
Bayeux Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The wonderful town of Bayeux"
- "BAYEUX, still a medieval city"
- "Bayeux: City of Conquest"
- "BAYEUX AND NORMANDY"
- "Untouched in the Eye of the Storm"
- "The town of Reine Mathilde"
- "My Trip to the Beaches"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bayeux
- Hotels in Bayeux
- Transportation in Bayeux
- Nightlife in Bayeux
- Restaurants in Bayeux
- Shopping in Bayeux
- Warnings and Dangers in Bayeux
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bayeux
- 14 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bayeux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bayeux
Photos in BayeuxSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bayeux Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- London Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Île de Ré Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Galway Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Cannes Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Cuzco Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Saint Helier Intro, 1 review, 4 photos