"Ski Heaven" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaprun by Margrette

Kaprun Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 138 photos

It was my first ski trip abroad. I am just a beginner in snowboarding, but I loved every minute of it, especially in such a lovely place. Kaprun is a little town placed just next to Kitzsteinhorn iceberg, where at the hight over 3000m (3203m))you can get real fun. It is just second after Zell am See resort mostly recommended in Austria. There is a lot of tourists but at the same time there are so many ski tracks that it is not a big problem. Everyday you can get to the top with free ski bus, although around 10am it is completly full. I haven't visited it in a summer time, but I can surely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a perfect place for ski vacations during winter. March was a suiting month for our trip. We had a lot of sun but still great amounts of snow at the top.

In Kaprun there is also bit smaller mountain called Maiskogel. It is 1675m high and you can get to the very top by two cable cars. There are also few exciting tracks, especially when you are not a pro yet...just like me:) We were staing in a wooden guest house just next to the Maiskogel's track:) so we could get to the store, placed under the hill, just on a snowboard...completely new experience and what a fun.Unfortunately the snow was melting there little faster and later on we were sliding only at the iceberg.

If I will ever get a chance I will surely get back to that place because it is so worth it.

• Pros:Great ski resort
  • Last visit to Kaprun: Mar 2009