"The one and only" Top 5 Page for this destination Nauru by ollyf
Nauru Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 46 photos
I held a fascination with Nauru for a long time, partly due to my interest in all Pacific islands and also due to my interest in isolated and/or small places. I wanted to see what life was like on this tiny, single island nation, which is either the first, second or third smallest in the world (depending on what status you afford the Vatican and Monaco). Its political and economic history is also unique to say the least. True, Nauru lacks the facilities, attractions and beauty of most other Pacific islands, and as a result tourism is non-existent. All the more reason for going, I said! As it turned out, I was the ONLY tourist on the island, as far as I could tell. Al the other foreigners (of which there were not many) were workers and everybody was surprised I was an honest-to-goodness holidaymaker!
- Pros:Great for solo travellers, very nice people, always sunny, safe
- Cons:Very far away and expensive to get to, not much to do (especially at night), no public transport
- In a nutshell:A dot on the landscape but a big impression on me
The only shop worth mentioning in Nauru is Chappelle's in Ewa district. There is a threadbare supermarket in Aiwo which... more travel advice
Moqua Well - I haven't been there but there's an underground lake which is good for swimming and also some caves to... more travel advice
ollyf's Related Pages
Nauru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nauru - World's Smallest Republic"
- "The one and only"
- "eigigu's new Nauru Page"
- "crazybear's new Nauru Page"
- "Ailsa's new Nauru Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nauru
- Hotels in Nauru
- Transportation in Nauru
- Nightlife in Nauru
- Restaurants in Nauru
- Shopping in Nauru
- Warnings and Dangers in Nauru
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nauru
- 11 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Nauru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nauru
Top 10 Pages
- Tokelau Intro, 38 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiribati Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination American Samoa Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nauru Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Egypt Intro, 9 reviews
- Prestatyn Intro, 9 reviews
- Vanuatu Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Thailand Intro, 2 photos