"Ahead of schedule" ollyf's Profile
When I was 23, I decided a good ambition would be to visit at least one country for every year of my life. So, if I lived to 70, I would have visited 70 countries. Well, I have now well exceeded the goal (49 in 30 years), but it's always good to have a few in the bank, especially when "boring" things like families and mortgages will presumably come into the equation down the line and slow me down! My total includes several locations from my childhood, but they're still valid!
UPDATE APRIL 2008: Moved to Thailand. It's been an ambition to live and work abroad for a long time now - this is the next level up from travelling. So now I live and work in Bangkok and am seeing more than a tourist or backpacker could hope to.
Travel has developed into my number one passion over the last five or six years. Simply, the more I do, the more I want to do! I have now been on two round-the-world trips and plenty of interesting holidays in between. My background is in publishing and I'm hoping to sell some travel writing, especially as I have recently been to some very far-flung locations.
Isolated and/or small countries
... but also beautiful cold weather scenes
2008: Portugal, Singapore, Thailand (now living there)
2007: Italy, San Marino, Vatican, Malta, Bahrain, Thailand, Czech Republic
2006: Australia, Nauru, Kiribati, Tonga, Samoa, Tokelau, American Samoa, New Zealand, Fiji, Tuvalu, USA, Bulgaria
2005: Japan, South Korea, Japan again, Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Singapore, Brunei, Malaysia, Australia
2004: Finland, Ireland, Qatar, Thailand
2003: Japan, Australia, Vanuatu, Fiji, USA, Cyprus, Egypt
2002: Norway (twice), Japan
1996: France, Holland, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Belgium, Ireland
Teens and childhood: Kenya, Nigeria, Congo, France, Switzerland, Turkey
Domestic travel: Wales, England, Scotland
In no particular order
Arctic regions esp. Greenland and Svalbard
Antarctica and Antarctic islands
To see Africa as an adult (long time there as a kid)
More Pacific islands!
More Far East esp North Korea
USA road trip
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 111 Reviews
- 177 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Posted in Travel Ko Lanta Forum "Re: Klong Khong Beach"
- ollyf and Ekahau are now friends.
- updated a Thailand Travel Page "Thailand"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Thailand"
updated their Profile Page "Ahead of schedule"
- Commented on one of budapest8's Fucking travel pages
- Wrote a Review Rising sea levels in Tokelau Favorites
Top 10 Pages
- Tokelau Intro, 38 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiribati Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination American Samoa Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nauru Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Egypt Intro, 9 reviews
- Prestatyn Intro, 9 reviews
- Vanuatu Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Thailand Intro, 2 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22467 Reviews - 54994 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23319 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5858 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos