Birdlip Favorite Tips by Elodie_Caroline
Birdlip Favorites: 1 reviews and 1 photos
The village of Birdlip
Well, as with any really beautiful place anywhere in England, all the houses around here are big, posh, and very expensive.
Birdlip was actually made famous because of the excavations, from old burial sites nearby, of of Iron age jewellery. In 1879, a workman, who was digging stone out of an old quarry, found three skeletons in a stone lined tomb. One of the skeletons had been a woman of around 35 years old, and with her had been buried a beautiful bronze mirror, now known as the Birdlip mirror, which can now be seen at the Gloucester museum. Other finds included with the mirror were, a Silver broach, Bronze bowls and a necklace made of Amber, Shale and Marble beads.
More Reviews (2)
Elodie_Caroline's Related Pages
Birdlip Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Birdlip - A Cotswold village"
- "Looking out on the edge of a Birdlip"
- "Standing on a Birdlip"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kakrail Hotels
- Newport Beach
- South Pass City Hotels
- Bad Schandau
- Eau Claire Hotels
- Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio
- Sebago Lake State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Birdlip
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Birdlip?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Birdlip
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 42 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- France Intro, 40 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stokenchurch Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brighton Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos
- Saint Agnes Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tintagel Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos
- Stepney 29 photos
- Poland Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- West Wycombe Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (119)
Latest Birdlip hotel reviews
- Royal George Hotel Birdlip
- 344 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013