"Jean Reno, my writing and Me - By Elodie" Elodie_Caroline's Profile
Hello there fellow VTers,
Everyone who knows me, knows that I've had a twelve-year, one sided (lol) love affair with Jean Reno (my own website on him). I love him more than life itself, and anyone who knows and loves me, has to accept this about me, as I don't ever hide my feelings.
Jean is also the thing that gives me the inspiration to write the kind of novels I do. I write the kind of things I would personally like to see him star in as films, because even though I love his films, (only because he's in them), some of them are total crap.
With the stories that I write, I picture them as films in my head whilst I'm writing them and he is always my leading man. No, I am never the female in my stories with him--I certainly wouldn't want the things that happen to my fictional characters to happen to me, that's for sure.
This is my own writers website that I created for myself a little while ago.
I’ve started a lot of projects in my life, but knew deep down inside of myself, that they’d never actually be finished; like my year long self-teaching of the French language, it just wouldn’t sink into my head. Oh yes, I know enough to be able to read French sites or newspapers etc. I would say that I understand over two thirds of the words in the French vocabulary; so enough to be able to understand what they’re on about anyway.
My writing has given me a new zest for life and I really want to be published one day, because I think I have some good stories to tell. I don’t expect to be rich or famous, or anything like that, I just want to know that I am established in something that I’ve always been good at—telling stories. I want to be able to look back at my life and know that I’ve actually done something worthwhile with it.
I've always had a very vivid imagination. I like people watching; sitting outside of cafes and watching people going by, noticing someone particular and thinking that they look worried or sometimes sad, so make up stories in my head about how I think they live. I've always loved conspiracy theories too, nothing like a bit of good old conspiracy to get my mind ticking.
I've also always been a dreamer and would often walk to school in the mornings and telling stories off the top of my head to the girl I walked to school with; usually stories about me and her and the boys we fancied at the time.
I write thrillers mixed with crime and romance, some action with some love and lust thrown in for good measure. I write them as real life is, grey, nothing is ever black and white.
The kind of stories I write are definitely not slushy kinds or fantasy love, they are real-life and gritty, sometimes quite raw too; but I've lived that kind of life and know what I'm talking about. I will only write about what I know. My main interest in stories is usually people struggling and then getting what they want in the end ... I do so love happy endings!
I have taken all of the stuff to do with my writing off VT and put it onto my own writing site, a new site that I have made. There is a small synopsis about each of the stories and a single chapter of each to read, via another page & also a link on the synopsis page, to each of my stories, so you can judge for yourself if I can write or not. Not that whether you think I can write or not would stop me, as I do it entirely for my own pleasure.
1. A detective gets involved in a love affair with a stripper, which later gets torn apart by his wife for a while, the affair, not the stripper... haha. The detective falls into bad company and ends up giving out details that ends up in a major crime. One of the criminals happens to be a serial rapist, wanted in two continents, but his crimes aren't known to the detective until later on in the story, when it's much too late. This was my very first attempt at a novel and need a good rewrite, but my usual beta-reader, an ex teacher, reckons it's great and very fast-paced.
2. A recluse ex rock star is on the run from the man who murdered her husband some ten years before; now he's out of prison and after her, as she was his intended victim in the first place. Enter a bodyguard and his ex-army friends. The bodyguard falls in love with the ex rock star, although he couldn't stand her when she was famous, yesteryear's Paris Hilton. lol.
3. Is the sequel, where said bodyguard finds out about the rock stars child abuse and he pushes her into taking her adoptive parent to court. This one also deals in the relationship difficulties that an abused woman has with her beloved. These two just need one last final edit.
4. Is about a woman who is kidnapped, but her step-brother is willing to pay the kidnappers more to get rid of her than pay a ransom for her to be released. One of the kidnappers is up for that, but the other is not. This is in just a broad outline at present.
5. A young and naive girl who gets involved with an ex criminal and his friends. She ends up killing the ex criminal because he's not so nice. lol. This is only a very small outline at present, and because of some of the background stuff, may never be finished.
6. Is about a rich woman who employs an ex policeman as her chauffeur. She thinks the chauffeur's sexy but knows she needs to be a bit careful where he's concerned, as he worked on the case of her murdered husband. He wants to find out more about her corrupt politician ex husband's dealings when he was alive. This only needs the last half final-edited, but I started on novel 8 a couple of weeks ago and put this one down.
7. This is the nearest I'll ever do to fantasy writing and is sort of taking the *** out of myself in some ways. This is when fan fiction taken to the extreme when a woman starts writing novels with her favourite film star. One of her novels is to be turned into a film, and starring her main man. But where she's stipulated that her heartthrob's media-loving whore of a wife isn't getting any action in the film, it turns into a media war for the three of them.
8. A big corporation boss asks his courier to work for him after she has a minor traffic accident. They become firm friends, but he's been secretly in love with her all along. 18 months after being employed by him, she has too much to drink one night and finally realises that she loves him too, which leads her to leave and travel the world. This leaves a big hole in his soul, but it also forces him to look at his life and what he wants out of it after all. I've outlined most of the chapters, and I actually finished the last one this morning.
I've always liked my own company, ever since I was a kid, even though I come from a large family. I've always liked the things I could do on my own and under my own steam, like drawing, reading and writing. People were always telling me that I should do art professionally, but even though I'm good at it, it doesn't actually interest me, it's just something I'm naturally good at. Writing was always my main interest, I love words, probably even purple prose, ok, it's probably pink prose for me.
I wrote my character, Samantha, as a recluse, that was so easy to do, I've been one for around the last ten years or so, actually, I've probably been one all of my life?
I may bleach my hair blonde, wear make-up, and try and look as glamourous as I can, but there is much more to me than just being a dumb, dizzy, blonde.
Ever since I was old enough to hold a pencil, I could draw, espcially people and scenery, in fact, I can do anything that interests me and I decide to turn my hand to.... Lucky me :-)
I have also been writing my own poetry, songs and stories since I was about 5 years old too, I was even top of the class in English at school.
I was a great seamstress from being a small child, when me and my sister were playing with our Barbie dolls, we weren't actually playing with them, we were making them clothes, and I mean proper clothes. The sewing teacher at school told me that I was a good little hand sewer once, so I guess that's something eh. I wouldn't use a sewing machine at school, I sewed everything I did by hand, including a three foot rag doll and all it's clothes. I'm afraid the sewing takes a bit of a back seat these days, with arthritis of the neck and wrists, sewing is kind of painful, but I still like to design clothes in my head.
I am a most excellent cook too! ok, hubby has to do any peeling and chopping and vigorous stirring,, because of the arthritis, but I can cook absolutely anything that I choose to, which is usually foreign and exotic dishes. I have never had a meal that has gone wrong on me yet.
We were brought up on good old home cooking, mostly Polish food, so I am very glad to say that I take after my dad where cooking is concerned.
I got my very first computer in the year 2000. I have to be honest here, I originally got my PC because I wanted the internet, so that I could find stuff on Jean Reno, as none of the magazines here bothered with him, all they were interested in was trashy American Hollywood film stars.
But I also knew that I would use the intenet for my great thirst of knowledge too, like having a library of a zillion books in my own sitting room. I came, I read, I saw, and I conquered, oh yes, I have definitely conquered the computer world.
With the internet, besides finding pics of Jean Reno, I used to look for sites on France and french stuff, because my other dream in life, is to live in France one day. Then I found sites like VT, with humans on them, I fell in love with the forums and making new friends, but have since grown out of that over the last year or so.
When getting the internet, I told everyone that I would never order anything off there, how wrong I was!. I have just ordered a download programme for my PC, which enables you to make flashcards via French and English. I have bought books from the net, and also one of my great passions, getting foreign films from there too. I also download a great many e-books, but luckily, I don't have to pay for those LOL. I download a great many information pages, and pics of JR, off the net also.
I spend a great deal of time on my PC when I'm at home. I have actually got my hubby to cut the spines off some of my french books, and then painstakenly scanned them as PDF files onto my PC, I find books easier to read this way. I actually sit and write my books on my PC too, each bit that is written is then downloaded onto a CD rewritable disc, just in case the PC goes off with a bang!
I even strip my PC down to nothing these days, that's rebooting it from the recovery CD, not taking all of the guts out, I'd get Chris to do that for me if ever came the time to do it. The first time I done this, it took me about 3 weeks to get everything back onto my PC, all of the programmes etc, to be just how I wanted it. Then the next time took two days, and now I can do the whole lot in about two hours, I am well chuffed with myself!
I love anything to do with France or French things; I love the History, the Architecture, the art, the beautiful language, definitely the language of love! But I really don't know where to start on this one, there is so much I love, and I just cannot remember when it started in my life? I will get back to this one, so much to write about....
I like the way that the French people want to keep their Frenchness and their culture, even though a member of the EU. I love French films, especially any that have the most handsome and sexiest man in the world... Jean Reno in. I was even been teaching myself the French language at home with books and tapes, although, since finding VT, my French language has gone amiss, it's something that I have to get back into at some point?
I don't know what you good people out there think of reincarnation? but when I was in my early 20s, I had a 'memory', it wasn't a dream, it was an actual memory: I remembered laying in a lush green field, with Rosehip bushes all around the edges, the birds were singing evensong and the sun was going down in a mid blue sky, I can still remember the lovely fresh smell of the field. I was in a beige coloured uniform and I was laid there dying of a battle wound in the stomach in the first World War.
This is my ultimate dream destination, and my France page on here is done purely for my OWN pleasure and nobody else's, my best stuff on there is my 'Local customs.' they're filled with historical facts and stories of France that I love.
Here is some of my favourite French films to start with.....
Empire des Loups
Ma vie en Rose
Marius et Jeannette
L'homme du train
Par de la nuages
Hubby and I aren't into the pub scene, so for enjoyment, we go out for long drives in our car. Even before I found VT, I used to take the camera with us on drives out. I photograph lots of different things, beautiful and ugly and thye are all mostly taken from inside of the car, through the windscreen etc.
My own photo album websites on:
E-Books... I love e-book sites! especially ones that you can download the books for free! so here are a few of my favourite sites for e-books .... Enjoy!
Personal Pages (2)
Written May 21, 2008
Jean Reno on Virtualtourist
Written May 13, 2010
Internet artwork I do # 1
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 298 Reviews
- 636 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 21 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Commented on northsea's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Can you read this?"
- created a Greater London Travelogue "June 3012"
- Uploaded a Photo to "June 3012"
- Elodie_Caroline and northsea are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to London
updated their Personal Page "Internet artwork I do # 1"
- Wrote a Review Bethnal Green & Stepney in Greater London Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 42 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- France Intro, 40 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stokenchurch Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brighton Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos
- Saint Agnes Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tintagel Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos
- Stepney 29 photos
- Poland Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- West Wycombe Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos