"oneonta_ni's new Ireland page" Ireland by oneonta_ni
Ireland Travel Guide: 15,531 reviews and 34,389 photos
Ireland is a beautiful country with lots of open spaces and rolling green hills. The people are generally friendly and helpful and are proud of their country. Most people think of Dublin, Cork, Kerry and Galway when they think of Ireland but there is so much more to the country than these places. It's finding the small out of the way places and meeting the people who are genuinely glad to see you that makes a visit worthwhile.
A car is a necessity if you would like to make the most of your holiday. Public transport is easy to use and fairly cheap but will not get you to most of the off-the-beaten-path sites.
Required reading for visiting Ireland:
McCarthy's Bar by Pete McCarthy
For anyone not familiar with Pete McCarthy, he is a travel writer, television presenter and former stand up comedian. This is his first travel book and it is a very good read. Pete travels from Cork to Donegal trying to figure out why he feels so Irish and whether it is down to a 'genetic memory'. He has a very funny and warm, endearing way of writing. And always remember the eighth rule of travel: never pass a pub with your name on it!
If you are looking for more information on Ireland, have a look at Suzanne Barrett's site and the Everything Ireland site
- Pros:Lots of beautiful countryside.
- Cons:Yes, it does rain a lot.
- In a nutshell:Bring your umbrella and enjoy yourself!
Rossnowlagh Beach in Donegal. This is a gorgeous sandy beach which is perfect in the summer for a nice long walk. It is... more travel advice
oneonta_ni's Related Pages
Ireland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of my favorite places in Europe"
- "Ireland - I wouldn't start from here"
- "Leprechauns Make Me Do It!!!"
- "IRELAND - The Adventure"
- "My Ireland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ireland
- Hotels in Ireland
- Transportation in Ireland
- Nightlife in Ireland
- Restaurants in Ireland
- Shopping in Ireland
- Warnings and Dangers in Ireland
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ireland
- 34 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 55 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Ireland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ireland
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 39 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Naples Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
Top Ireland hotels
- Dublin Hotels
- 5063 Reviews - 9245 Photos
- Galway Hotels
- 509 Reviews - 926 Photos
- Killarney Hotels
- 274 Reviews - 597 Photos
- Sligo Hotels
- 153 Reviews - 248 Photos
- Cork Hotels
- 574 Reviews - 1441 Photos
- Limerick Hotels
- 267 Reviews - 293 Photos
- Wicklow Hotels
- 79 Reviews - 234 Photos
- Kilkenny Hotels
- 288 Reviews - 593 Photos
- Clifden Hotels
- 37 Reviews - 172 Photos
- Waterford Hotels
- 168 Reviews - 411 Photos
- Falcarragh Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Kinsale Hotels
- 183 Reviews - 391 Photos
- Ennis Hotels
- 62 Reviews - 111 Photos
- Wexford Hotels
- 124 Reviews - 207 Photos
- Lough Key Forest Park Hotels
- See nearby hotels