"oneonta_ni's new La Grande page" La Grande by oneonta_ni
La Grande Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 15 photos
I lived in La Grande for 6 or 7 years while I was in college and just after graduation. In the eighties, it was a sleepy little college town and I loved it. It has grown a lot since then and has changed too much for me to feel comfortable there anymore but it makes a nice stop on your way to Wallowa County or Idaho.
One of my favourite things to do there was to cycle out in the Grande Ronde Valley. Even on a hot day, this was a beautiful place to be. The humidity is low enough that you don't notice the heat too much and summers in La Grande were lovely.
Winters in the area are wonderful. I remember putting on my cross country skis at my door and skiing around the town. It can be bitterly cold, too, so be prepared.
This photo is a bit old - I think it was taken around 1985 or so. It is the Grande Ronde Valley, looking Southeast, near the end of summer when the grasses have turned yellow.
(sorry about the size.)
oneonta_ni's Related Pages
La Grande Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La Grande - A nice quiet little city"
- "oneonta_ni's new La Grande page"
- "Where I hang my hat now!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Grande
- Hotels in La Grande
- Restaurants in La Grande
- Warnings and Dangers in La Grande
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Grande
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to La Grande?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Grande
Photos in La GrandeSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 39 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Naples Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues