"Beautiful and historic Baker City" Baker City by oneonta_ni
Baker City Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 27 photos
Baker City is a nice little town in the shadow of the Blue Mountains. It has hot summers and cold, snowy winters. There is excellent skiing nearby - if you like good snow and no lift lines - and loads of places to go hiking and camping.
If you like Victorian archtecture, Baker City can rival the 'painted ladies' of San Francisco. The Baker City Historical Distric has more than 100 commercial and residential buildings over 40 acres. There are some beautiful Italianate homes, mansions and an unusual house called the 'Scottish Castle'. The area was first settled by three Scottish immigrant families.
There are self guided tours of the city which are available at the vistor and convention centre.
The most popular attraction is probably the interpretive center for the Oregon Trail. You can learn all about the people who settled in Oregon from the Mid-west and even see the ruts of the trail. It is located 5 miles east of the town.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery, lovely architecture.
- In a nutshell:One of my favourite towns!
oneonta_ni's Related Pages
Baker City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Motorcyle trip of a Lifetime!!! (Overview)"
- "Historic Baker City, Oregon"
- "Beautiful and historic Baker City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baker City
- Hotels in Baker City
- Nightlife in Baker City
- Restaurants in Baker City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Baker City
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Baker City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baker City
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 39 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Naples Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues