"oneonta_ni's new Astoria Page" Astoria by oneonta_ni
Astoria Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 250 photos
Astoria is a lovely little town on the very top left hand corner of Oregon. It is situated at the mouth of the Columbia River and was mostly built during the mid 19th century so there are a lot of nice Victorian homes there. If you have seen the films 'Short Circuit' and 'The Goonies', you have seen Astoria. 'Kindergarten Cop' was also filmed there.
Funny, I started this page and then wondered if anyone else had made a page on Astoria. I was surprised to see a few really nice pages, in particular ones by <a href="http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.129974/22663/?s=x"target=newwindow>10eke</a>, <a href="http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.55851/22663/?s=k"target=newwindow>giampiero6</a> and <a href="http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.86854/22663/?s=w"target=newwindow>Rude_boy22</a> are very enjoyable to read.
There are several good restaurants and cafes and some nice shops, too. A local favourite for music is the Rock N Bach - but avoid it if you are allergic to cats.:o)
Astoria is the site where, in 1805-06, Lewis and Clark stopped on their historic trip. In 1811, Fort Astoria was built by a fur trading company established by John Jacob Astor.
I have been to Astoria countless times and have a short travelogue to add here but I also wanted to add a travelogue that my dad sent when he was in Astoria recently. I will add my bit later. (Dad - the travelogue is on the right hand side!).
Cannery Cafe. We had lunch here and thought it was quite nice. I had a lamb burger with feta cheese. They also do... more travel advice
oneonta_ni's Related Pages
Astoria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oldest American Settlement West of the Rockies"
- "Now a Major Tourist Town"
- "ASTORIA - FIRST IN OREGON"
- "See the urban sea lions!"
- "Cruise Stop: Astoria"
- "Great History and Fun at the Oregon Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Astoria
- Hotels in Astoria
- Transportation in Astoria
- Restaurants in Astoria
- Shopping in Astoria
- Warnings and Dangers in Astoria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Astoria
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Astoria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Astoria
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 39 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Naples Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Astoria hotel reviews
- Cannery Pier Hotel
- 463 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Crest Motel
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- HideAway Inn and Hostel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 23, 2013
- Hotel Elliott
- 185 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites
- 303 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Commodore Hotel
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Red Lion Inn Astoria
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Clementine's Bed & Breakfast
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2013