Amsterdam Hotel Tips by oneonta_ni
Amsterdam Hotels: 78,841 reviews and 1,138 photos
I found the website for this hotel and booked it about six months in advance as there seemed to be no rooms available anywhere else for the time we wanted to go. I then read several reviews about the place and wondered if I had done the right thing. The main complaint was the noise - not from the street but from the hotel guests and from the church bells at the nearby Grote Kerk. Some people complained that the 'art' rooms were not artsy enough and that the staff were too stoned to be helpful.
Well, our experience wasn't that bad. The room was clean although very scruffy around the edges, the staff were pleasant enough and we did not have a problem with the other guests.
There were some dodgey looking characters along Warmoesstraat and we were offered drugs several times. We just ignored them and kept an eye on the potential pickpocketers and were fine.
If you want to stay in the city centre (and you can't get anymore central than this) and are on a budget, you might want to look into this hotel.
Unique Qualities: It is located on the main 'party' street in Amsterdam, although, if you are not a party-goer, don't let that put you off. Our decent sized room (505) on the fifth floor had a view out over the Red Light District and a double bed. The reception is open 24 hours and you cannot gain access to the guestrooms without contacting the staff, which makes it relatively safe.
Breakfast was included in the price and consisted of cereals, cheese, boiled eggs, meat, rolls, juice, coffee and tea.
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Five minutes from Centraal Station, on the edge of the Red Light District.
More Reviews (10)
oneonta_ni's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "dila's new Amsterdam Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
- Century Suria Serviced Apartments
- Clarion Hotel President Hotel & Suites By The Falls
- Best Western Chateau Bleau Hotel
- Grand Hotel de Champagne
- Adventureland Inn
- Hem Hotel Amsterdam
- Tides Folly Beach
- Hotel Lake View Inn
- Ashford Castle
- Holiday Inn Exit 19 Thruway 87
- Avenida Palace Hotel
- Isle of Capri Casino Resort
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 11 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (13)
Read real reviews about Amsterdam Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 39 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Naples Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Amsterdam hotel reviews
- Floris France
- 189 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Anna Youth Hostel
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Jun 1, 2008
- Mercure Hotel Amsterdam Aan de Amstel
- 236 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Hotel Jimmy
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013
- Heart Of Amsterdam
- 129 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Nh Tropen
- 122 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Trianon Hotel Amsterdam
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- The Flying Pancake
- 166 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Tulip of Amsterdam B&B
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- La Vie En Rose B&B
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2013
- Suite 259
- 329 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Amsterdam Canal Apartments
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Young Budget Hotel Kabul
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2009
- Bed & Breakfast Op de Gracht
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 18, 2007
- Camping Zeeburg
- 131 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 127 Reviews, 151 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 230 Reviews, 238 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 207 Reviews, 337 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 176 Reviews, 283 Photos
- Sex Museum- 45 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Dam Square- 88 Reviews, 157 Photos
- Coffee Shops- 123 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 158 Reviews, 170 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 65 Reviews, 101 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do