"Getting away from it all" Dunkineely by oneonta_ni
Dunkineely Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 23 photos
Dunkineely is a tiny wee village on Donegal Bay in the southern part of the county. Our main reason for going there was to visit a guesthouse that served dinners and specialised in seafood. Although the guesthouse was a bit disappointing, this area of Donegal is really beautiful. There are holiday homes everywhere but it still feels miles away from crowds and tourists. A popular village to visit is Glencolmcille and as VT does not have a separate page for it, I am including information here.
- Pros:Well off the badly beaten track of the Irish West coast.
- Cons:Don't take your own car unless it is ready for the scrap heap!
- In a nutshell:Beautiful scenery, but don't tell anyone!
There is not much here, a few ancient monuments if you want to hunt them down, but the best thing to do is just relax... more travel advice
oneonta_ni's Related Pages
Dunkineely Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dunkineely
- 2 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Dunkineely?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dunkineely
Photos in DunkineelySee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 39 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Naples Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues