"The famous village of Kells" Kells by oneonta_ni
Kells Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 10 photos
I can't believe that this is the first page on VT for Kells! It is famous for being the location of where the Book of Kells was written. If you are in Dublin, be sure to see the book at Trinity College - especially if you have studied caligraphy, illuminated writing and bookmaking - it is an incredible work of writing and art.
We enjoyed our brief visit to Kells. We stopped there on our way from Dublin to Donegal. I was interested in seeing the high crosses in the church yard and the oratory. Although it is famous for these beautiful stone creations, it is a surprsingly non-touristy place.
- Pros:Few tourists, beautiful early Christian stonework.
- Cons:It is very small so a few hours is enough time.
- In a nutshell:A lovely little town to visit for a few hours.
oneonta_ni's Related Pages
Kells Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kells
- 0 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kells?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kells
Photos in KellsSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 39 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Naples Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues