"Peaceful Levanto" Top 5 Page for this destination Levanto by oneonta_ni

Levanto Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 49 photos

We had planned to visit the Cinque Terre and our niece had told us that Levanto was a nice place to base ourselves and for making day trips to the villages. The town of Levanto is well worth a visit - it is very pretty and has a lovely beach.

We spent most of one day in the town just wandering around and taking photos. There are some interesting buildings and we were fascinated by all the trompe l'oeil paintwork on the houses.

There were a couple of really good restaurants there and the usual shops that a resort town would have but it did not have the tacky feel to it that some resorts can have. We really enjoyed our stay and would love to go back.

• Pros:Very well located for the Cinque Terre, quiet place to stay.
  • Cons:The only place we experienced the 'tourist tax'.
  • In a nutshell:Lovely place to stay when visiting Liguria
  • Last visit to Levanto: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 28, 2004

• Aug 6, 2009 at 1:12 PM

This seems to be a standard practice. This happened to me in the Riomaggiore train station. Exact same set of circumstances. I just looked at the guy and said I gave you a 20. He didn't bat an eye and slid the hidden 5 euro note to me.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2004 at 3:03 AM

Now I want to go to Levanto.

• May 27, 2004 at 12:31 AM

Sounds like a beautiful spot for an Italian summer holiday Jane. An excellent restaurant tip for sure. Thanks!

• utttz's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2003 at 3:52 AM

as usual restaurant as the first tip!

• pollon's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2003 at 12:59 AM

I heard some of the reports by your voice ;-) but it's really nice to read the whole adventure and I'm looking forward to more!!!

oneonta_ni

“Give up your day job, your feet were meant to roam...”

Badges & Stats in Levanto

Have you been to Levanto?

Latest Activity in Levanto