"Welcome to Belfast!" Belfast by oneonta_ni
Belfast Travel Guide: 1,056 reviews and 2,273 photos
I keep saying that I should update this page soon but it always slips my mind - if you have any questions about Belfast that aren't answered here, please email me, I would be happy to help. I have lived in Northern Ireland for over 13 years now and I am always trying to convince people that it is a beautiful place and nothing like what the press want you to believe. It is unspoilt by tourism and the people are friendly and always happy to see visitors. The country is very safe to visit - I wouldn't live here if it wasn't.
Belfast is a lovely city to visit for a day or two but I would recommend a brief visit because there is so much more to see out in the countryside.
Most of the city was built during the 18th century on the linen and shipbuilding trades. There are not many of these early buildings left but there are some nice examples of Victorian architecture.
For more information on Northern Ireland in general, please visit my Northern Ireland page.
- Pros:Small, friendly city that welcomes visitors.
- Cons:Can be hectic in July!
- In a nutshell:Easily visited in a day - it will surprise you!
County Down has everything to offer the visitor. If you are headed to the seaside, Holywood has a nice beach to walk... more travel advice
Just about everything in Northern Ireland is off the beaten path. One suggestion is the Linen Museum in Lisburn. Lisburn... more travel advice
- See All Great pizza!
- Day trips in and around the city
- City Centre Shops
oneonta_ni's Related Pages
Belfast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Belfast Northern Ireland"
- "A trip down memory lane"
- "Beal Feirste"
- "Quick Trip To belfast"
- "A unique city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belfast
- Hotels in Belfast
- Transportation in Belfast
- Nightlife in Belfast
- Restaurants in Belfast
- Shopping in Belfast
- Warnings and Dangers in Belfast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belfast
- 39 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Belfast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belfast
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 39 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Naples Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues