"Welcome and thanks for stopping by!" oneonta_ni's Profile

My wings are in motion
the cage door is open
gonna let myself out
-Little Palace

I am proud to be on Gianluca's page of peaceful people!

This is my first homepage at VT and I have decided that, rather than rearrange and try to update pages on places that I may never be again, it made more sense to just start a new home page. You can now find me as diamond_skies.

The pageshere that I have put the most time and effort into are:

Rome

The Eternal City - I love this place, day or night. I love walking around the different neighbourhoods and have favourite places to visit, like St Peter's or The Pantheon. The Italians are some of the friendliest people I have met - and they have created some of my favourite foods!

Paris

A surprise everytime we visit and thanks to Ryanair, we get to visit a lot! We love Paris - the food (yes, it's a recurring theme on my pages!), the people, the architecture. Another one of my favourite places to wander around in.

Dublin

As we have family there, we go every 6 weeks or so and I am always interested in finding something new. There is not a lot of 'Irishness' in the city these days but there are some very interesting places to visit off the beaten path.

Naples

A city I didn't know much about until I arrived. I found it charming and busy - not the dirty, crime-ridden place the guidebooks suggest it is. I would go back purely and simply to eat the best sfogliatelle in the world!

Belfast

Poor old Belfast always gets a bad rap. I love this city - rain and all! This is a great place to live but maybe not so much to visit. It is becoming a very modern city, though and there are so many wonderful natural attractions nearby that it is well worth a look.

All of these pages have been 'retired' and the information will not really be up to date. I am not sure the links will work, either.

Some of my newer pages are Cavtat , Dubrovnik and Montenegro.

I like to look at other member's pages as much as possible, not just to plan a trip but also to see what else there is to see on this great planet. There are some really excellent pages that have had a lot of work put into them and deserve special recognition. The following are pages which have made me want to plan a trip to that place after I have read the page:

Janchan's Japan page.
I love Gianluca's photos.:o)

Pollon's Italy page.
The local food and festivals were very interesting.

Oja's Trieste page
When I read this page, I went straight to the Ryanair website to check the price of flights.:o)

Lochlainn's Dublin page.
If you are planning a trip to Dublin you must read Marc's 'Begrudger's Guide to Dublin'! This page was nominated for a VT award for best page - well deserved!

Wiktoria's Poland page. There is a ton of information here - a lot of work has gone into this page and there are some really lovely photos. Be sure to read the travelogues.

F_Meignant's France page.
Fran?ois' photos are really beautiful (38 photos of wild French orchids!) and I wish my French was as eloquent as his English.

Todd64's Toronto page.
Maybe it was the mention of maple syrup...mmmmm. At any rate, don't let his fascination of oompah bands frighten you.

Matcrazy1's Krakow page.
Matt has a very funny way of writing and his pages are overflowing with information.

eden_teuling's Slovenia pages
Bes-Elisabeth has such a lovely way of writing about the places she visits. Slovenia has been high on my list for a long time but after reading Bes's tips, I want to visit even more. Bes is also a very sweet and kind person!

All of RichieCDisc's pages.
I really couldn't pick one out as a favourite - Richie has been to so many different places, taken so many beautiful photos, drunk so many beers...A true ambassador for VT. It is no wonder that he is a top 5 tip maker in no less than 52 destinations!

Although I think VT is the most useful travel site on the web, here are some other general sites that may be of use:

Visit Europe - this site has a lot of information on Europe and is very helpful for US travellers.

Holiday Complaint- if you have booked a holiday in the UK and want to complain about the tour operator, you can do so here.

About - this site is very useful if you want to find a forum to ask a question in. Not all of the forums are as active as the ones here at VT but you can still find good information.

My Travel RightsThis site is mainly US biased but still has some very good links, for example, flight information and a currencey converter.

Travel Safety and Health A very good site for travel health and safety matters.

• Intro Updated Jul 6, 2005

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2008 at 2:47 AM

Happy birthday and many happy returns of the day. Time to know a bit more of Portugal. Greetings from Lisbon which is waiting for your visit next year for the Euromeeting

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2007 at 12:35 AM

Hi Jane ,thanks a lot for your comments on my home page ,hope to see you sometimes ,somewhere in this part of the world...

• roamingpaddy's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2007 at 2:36 AM

Birthday greetings to you Jane from Cork :-)

• balfor's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2006 at 12:25 PM

I hope you find your way back to VT and that you had a great birthday bash while you were gone!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2006 at 9:46 AM

Another year has gone by and still I'm not living in Ireland! Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• ophiro's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2006 at 7:31 AM

Hello and happy birthday from Israel

• Alain_Smeets's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2006 at 12:57 AM

Happy Birthday Jane, I hope you have a great day together with your husband. I wish you many nice travels in the future. Still remember my first VT-meeting with you and Zuzu, cheers Selena, Imelda and Alain

• ARoman's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2005 at 10:25 AM

Buon Natale bella, enjoy the parties and the family time. Rob

• GypsyGal's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2005 at 5:54 AM

Happiest of birthdays to you! Keep smiling and those beautiful pics posted.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
oneonta_ni's Profile Photo

oneonta_ni

“Give up your day job, your feet were meant to roam...”

Real Name