"Doha- My home away from home" Top 5 Page for this destination Doha by mikoykoy
Doha Travel Guide: 562 reviews and 1,702 photos
They said that round about are common to Arab countries. They seldom use traffic light. Disciplined drivers wait for their turn to enter the round about because once inside the rotunda, you have the right of way.
The round abouts here in Doha are decorated and structure in the middle are works of art to mesmerize. One of these days, I will take pictures of them and post it in the web. Some of them are already featured in the tips of other VT members.
Asian Games ended last December 15, 2006. I was not able to watch any games or ceremonies for that matter because we are not sure if our company would provide transportation since we are living 80km from Doha proper.
My colleagues and i decided to watch just the closing ceremonies but to our dismay, all tickets are sold out.
What we did is to wait for scalpers but to original ticket of QR150 was being sold for QR300. whooh thats too much.
So we just satisfied ourselves by strolling around the stadium to take pictures.
Doha is fast developing to catch up with its neighboring gulf country. Everywhere you look around is construction. There may be at least 20 on going construction of high rise buildings.
They are also creating a reclamated land development almost similar to "The Palm" of Dubai. THE PEARL-Qatar is a multi-billion real estate development for Qatar. Townhomes, High-rise condominium, 5-star hotels and almost all recreational facilities will synergize to form this new urban community for Doha.
Future of Doha Corniche
After all of these construction, this is the artist's impression of what it's going to look like at Doha Corniche.
- Pros:Plenty of Gold jewelry. Booming!
- Cons:Too hot on summer
Actually Chili's Restaurant has 3 branches in Qatar, but the one we visited was in The Mall. After our zoo visit we head... more travel advice
mikoykoy's Related Pages
Doha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IMPRESSIONS FROM DOHA"
- "Doha, Qatar"
- "Capitol City"
- "Doha - The Big Tree"
- "Doha- My home away from home"
- "dubai sleepy sister is waking up"
- "A Day or Two in Doha"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Doha
- Hotels in Doha
- Transportation in Doha
- Nightlife in Doha
- Restaurants in Doha
- Shopping in Doha
- Warnings and Dangers in Doha
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Doha
- 31 Reviews
- 135 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Doha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doha
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 31 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paranaque Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manila Intro, 15 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yokohama Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baladiyat al Khawr Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Baguio City Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Bohol Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Subic Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos
- Panglao Island Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues