"Doha- My home away from home" Top 5 Page for this destination Doha by mikoykoy

Doha Travel Guide: 563 reviews and 1,702 photos

Round about

They said that round about are common to Arab countries. They seldom use traffic light. Disciplined drivers wait for their turn to enter the round about because once inside the rotunda, you have the right of way.

The round abouts here in Doha are decorated and structure in the middle are works of art to mesmerize. One of these days, I will take pictures of them and post it in the web. Some of them are already featured in the tips of other VT members.

Doha 2006

Asian Games ended last December 15, 2006. I was not able to watch any games or ceremonies for that matter because we are not sure if our company would provide transportation since we are living 80km from Doha proper.

My colleagues and i decided to watch just the closing ceremonies but to our dismay, all tickets are sold out.

What we did is to wait for scalpers but to original ticket of QR150 was being sold for QR300. whooh thats too much.

So we just satisfied ourselves by strolling around the stadium to take pictures.

Doha Skyline

Doha is fast developing to catch up with its neighboring gulf country. Everywhere you look around is construction. There may be at least 20 on going construction of high rise buildings.

They are also creating a reclamated land development almost similar to "The Palm" of Dubai. THE PEARL-Qatar is a multi-billion real estate development for Qatar. Townhomes, High-rise condominium, 5-star hotels and almost all recreational facilities will synergize to form this new urban community for Doha.

Future of Doha Corniche

After all of these construction, this is the artist's impression of what it's going to look like at Doha Corniche.

• Pros:Plenty of Gold jewelry. Booming!
  • Cons:Too hot on summer
  • Last visit to Doha: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 20, 2007

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2007 at 2:44 AM

Great tips on doha, hope to be able to visit this wonderful city one day :)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2007 at 3:01 AM

Hi, Marcel! Thanks for your stories and tips

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2007 at 1:51 AM

Loads of excellent Doha restaurant tips. Interesting that Filipino Chinese food of sao pao and mami available too. Hope to visit Doha and see all those futuristic constructions. SL

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2007 at 11:20 PM

Hello my "neighbour". Marcel, looks like you are the specialist on restaurants in Doha? haha! Great tips here and very nice info. My ratings are with you. Greetings from crazy Dubai / Jess

• toni28's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2007 at 2:30 AM

hi marcel your resto tips is very helpful we'll use them as soon as we get there. mahilig kaming kumain ha..he

• jungles's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2006 at 1:49 AM

Hi Marcel! How long have you been in Doha? I'll have to try some of your restaurant tips, but be warned my friend got VERY sick after eating at Korean Garden Restaurant. He ended up in the hospital.

mikoykoy Used To Live Here!

mikoykoy

“Enjoy life, travel more!”

Badges & Stats in Doha