Turquel Shopping Tips by MarioPortugal
Turquel Shopping: 4 reviews and 9 photos
João Moreira, 43, has been hand-painting Tiles since he was 23. This makes 20 years on the job now !!.
João is not only a good friend of mine, but also an extraordinary skilled artist on his Art.
Still nowadays and for many years now, his workshop has been one of my favourite places to pay a regular visit while I'm in Turquel. My goal on visiting João is just to get a glance on what he's producing (aka: painting) on that given moment !!
João's customers come from all over the place !!
Besides Portugal, nowadays João's hand-painted TILES are found in various countries such us Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, USA, Australia, Israel, Brazil, being France and Spain his biggest markets alongside Portugal.
João Moreira is also a restoration master. In Portugal, he uses to be given the job for restorations on Tiles of the XVIII and XIX centuries that are covering walls at ancient churches and other Portuguese monuments.
According to the difficulty of each job to be produced, prices for the Tiles vary from 5-7 euros (each individual piece) to 10 euros maximum.
What to buy: Hand-Painted Tiles
What to pay: from 5 to 10 euros a piece (each Tile)
Address: Rua da Escola Antiga 4, 2460-806 Turquel
Directions: on the northern side of Turquel's main road that goes to Alcobaça
Phone: (+351) 962-961-616
More Reviews (7)
MarioPortugal's Related Pages
Turquel Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Turquel
- Nightlife in Turquel
- Restaurants in Turquel
- Shopping in Turquel
- See All...
Explore the World
- Myrtle Beach State Park Hotels
- Cibinong Hotels
- Rhinebeck Hotels
- San Luis Potosí
- Vidalia Hotels
- Otocic Sveti Nikola
Badges & Stats in Turquel
- 8 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Turquel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turquel
- Wrote a Review Roller Hockey - VIII Tournament Dr Joaquim Guerra in Turquel Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Roller Hockey - VIII Tournament Dr Joaquim Guerra"
- Posted in Travel Provincia de Maputo Forum "Re: Road from Maputo to Ponta"
- updated a Turquel Travel Page "Turquel - (Alcobaça)"
- Commented on one of solopes's Turquel travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maputo Intro, 110 reviews, 324 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 32 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pinhão Intro, 20 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provincia de Maputo Intro, 23 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazaré Intro, 33 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Óbidos Intro, 22 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Intro, 18 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marracuene Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luanda Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues