"Off The Beaten Path" Syria by Doctor38

Syria Travel Guide: 3,975 reviews and 10,297 photos

Syria is a great country to travel. This page will be about off the beaten path destinations in Syria. I will add page to far away places but not Damascus, Aleppo or Palmyra. I will built these pages in the future about Halab (Aleppo) or Demashq (Damscus) and Tadmur (Palmyra)

I am done with Bosra, Ma'arat Al Noman which are under things to do. I am also done with off the beaten path destinations (Mashta El Helow, the Dead Cities, Qalat Shmamees, Qalat Sheizer, Qaser Ibn Wardan, Al Hamra, Musyaf and Hosn Solaiman).

Please note that Syria is full of graves of old prominent Arabic and Muslim figures that might NOT be interest for the non Arab tourists or your average VTer. I will have to write tips about them. They are every where in Syria. I had no Idea that that so and so person was even buried in Syria I did not try to find them, but where ever I went the names keep appearing.

When the VT uploading glitch get solved I'll be adding Tips about Aphamia, Homs, Alghab and the Krac to the off the beaten path.

• Intro Updated Oct 1, 2009

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Hi, Syria is on my wishlist and hoping that I can get there this March or April!enjoyed yr tips&looking forward to info on the ones with only interesting photos!esp the Al Sumiya.hi back to see yr pg again&see if any updates yet-still very xlnt pg!

• Aitana's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Thanks for your comment on my Busra page. I enjoyed reading your tips about Syria. It is a wonderful country.

• MITNIC's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2009 at 12:51 AM

very good info here about not so known places, thanks, I hope to pay a visit this summer....

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Great page, I enjoyed your tips. Sirya & Iran are on my next to vist list. One day soon!! Valentina

Doctor38 Used To Live Here!

Doctor38

“To the Edge,...and back!! except for you Qaddafi”

Badges & Stats in Syria