"C A S A B L A N C A, Toursit trap or not?" Top 5 Page for this destination Casablanca by Doctor38

Casablanca Travel Guide: 519 reviews and 1,334 photos

The city could be a gigantic tourist trap. Visiting Casablanca is a must for many travellers who come to Morocco just because the city has biggest airport in the country. There are certainly better places in Morocco to spend your time and you can do that at a fraction of the cost with very little hassle, traffic and pollution. However there are things you can do in and around Casablanca for those of us who have no choice but to stay in the city.

so if you happen to be in the city, don't panic. You can still do and see few "Moroccan" things in the city. I tried to bring that out in my page.These things are not very obvious in a city dominated by the the fact that Casablanca is the economical hub of Morocco.

On the brighter side after you see the Casablanca, Morocco only gets more interesting :-))

• Last visit to Casablanca: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 19, 2010

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Casa was where I stayed on my very 1st trip to Maroc when accompanied Moroccan friends from London - a week with the husbands family before moving onto the wifes family in Fes...and then since then had many visits to Casa with other friends and their relatives - good page here and agree with your insight and info here for a constructive look at Casablanca..my last visit in March this year for a wedding went looking for Mauresque - thanks for yr pics as was sadly told the Hotel Lincoln didnt survive...

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Very interesting and helpful page. Irene

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Great page, and very helpful! I saved a few tips thank you. Cheers, Ann.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Stunning page you have here, we did not go to Casablanca and now I am very sorry about it ;-)

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2009 at 11:39 PM

I wish I'd seen this page before visiting Casa Blanca, but then we had so little time. BTW Teen-shouky is the fruit of thre Prickly Pear Cactus. The small thorns are quite dangerous and can cause blindness.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Excellent Casablanca page complete with plenty of lovely photographs. Al-Hoodos and Old Medina sound interesting to visit and explore. Hassan II Mosque certainly looks great to visit especially its interior. ~ho & pang

• Hui-Hui's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2009 at 2:07 AM

Thanks a lot for all of your information! It's helpful for my trip!

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2008 at 12:01 PM

I'm also really glad that they were able to preserve the old Lincoln hotel. My own city is tearing down old and potentially very interesting buildings and replacing them with really ugly buildings.

• Aug 21, 2008 at 9:25 AM

Congrt. This is the best page about Casa. I agree with your wornings. Phone stealing is a problem and taxis do take advantage of unsespecting tourists.

• Jul 24, 2008 at 9:10 AM

I am going to print up this information about the trains, Thanks and can you tell me why is it when I look for Flights Air France it say's into Rabat instead of Cassa ???

Doctor38 Used To Live Here!

Doctor38

“To the Edge,...and back!! except for you Qaddafi”

Badges & Stats in Casablanca

Have you been to Casablanca?

Latest Activity in Casablanca