"An Excellent base to explore Jordan" Top 5 Page for this destination Madaba by Doctor38
Madaba Travel Guide: 167 reviews and 624 photos
It has all the components needed for a base. It is a relaxed little town which is located near Amman airport. It is within a close distance from most attractions like Mt Nebo, Dead Sea, Desert Castle, Amman, Bethany. It has its own attractions as it has rich heritage of moasics. Above all it has the Mariam Hotel (Yellow spot on the Map) with its friendly owner. Nice resturants in town includes the one in the Hotel and Haret Abouna plus few basic Resturants. From Madab you can see all the sites in Amman in one day using public transportation
There was an original church at this site built in the 6th century AD. This current building built around 1896 which... more travel advice
Nothing fancy but a must see, nevertheless. I was granted admission for free so no wonder I am a big fan! don't ask why... more travel advice
Doctor38's Related Pages
Madaba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madaba and Mount Nebo: a window over the Holy Land"
- "Town of mosaics"
- "An Excellent base to explore Jordan"
- "A Great Alternative to Amman"
- "Madaba, a Friendly Town"
- "Madaba - مادبا"
- "Friendly town with wonderful mosaics....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madaba
- Hotels in Madaba
- Transportation in Madaba
- Restaurants in Madaba
- Shopping in Madaba
- Warnings and Dangers in Madaba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madaba
- 9 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Madaba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madaba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rabat Intro, 33 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sharjah Intro, 33 reviews, 117 photos
- Syria Intro, 37 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Casablanca Intro, 29 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tetouan Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meknes Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chefchaouene Intro, 14 reviews, 61 photos
- T'bilisi Intro, 15 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Volubilis Intro, 17 reviews, 43 photos
- Safi Intro, 10 reviews, 44 photos