"Ubeda" Top 5 Page for this destination Úbeda by elucas
Úbeda Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 282 photos
Ubeda is a handsome Renaissance city in the hills of north east Andalucia. Ubeda, and nearby Baeza, would have been very fashionable places to live in the 16th century. Aristocratic families, who were at the Court of Castille, had their households here and embellished their home towns with handsome palaces and churches. None more so than “the local boy made good”, Francisco de los Cobos, who rose through the ranks of the Court to be Imperial Secretary to Charles V.
Ubeda is a “must see” for lovers of fine architecture, but is also a delightful place to explore and enjoy. Andrew and I stayed here for a few days in May 2006. It is quite peaceful, but I suggest you visit soon, as Ubeda is being discovered a little more each year.
There are wonderful views from the city walls across miles of unspoilt Andalucian countryside. Mile upon mile of olive... more travel advice
Many of the buildings are decorated with figures, gargoyles, family crests or saints, which all add to the character of... more travel advice
elucas' Related Pages
Úbeda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Úbeda, UNESCO World Heritage"
- "Ubeda, jewel of Renaissance"
- "Monumental Ubeda Under construction"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Úbeda
- Hotels in Úbeda
- Transportation in Úbeda
- Restaurants in Úbeda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Úbeda
- 11 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Úbeda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Úbeda
Photos in ÚbedaSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Santorini Island Intro, 11 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerez de la Frontera Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Úbeda Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baeza Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaén Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Andalucía Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fira Intro, 19 photos
- Lucca Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Baños de la Encina Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos