"Spoleto, Umbria, Italy" Spoleto by elucas
Spoleto Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 124 photos
Part of facade of Santa Maria Assunta
Spoleto - in central Umbria is a charming and, for most of the year, peaceful hill town. There are Roman remains and a beautiful cathedral and above the city towers a great fortress and an aqueduct which was painted by the English artist, Turner.
Spoleto is home to an important music, arts and dance festival which means that the town will be very, very busy during this time. 2012 dates are 29 June to 15 July. We went in September 2011 and found that there was plenty to do and see, but it was not crowded.
The apse of Spoleto cathedral is decorated with a beautiful - and recently restored - fresco cycle by Filippo Lippi... more travel advice
elucas' Related Pages
Spoleto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Spoleto"
- "SPOLETO, ITALY"
- "beautiful spoleto"
- "Spoleto - Festival 30 June to 16 July 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Spoleto
- Hotels in Spoleto
- Transportation in Spoleto
- Restaurants in Spoleto
- Shopping in Spoleto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Spoleto
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Spoleto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Spoleto
Photos in SpoletoSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Santorini Island Intro, 11 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerez de la Frontera Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Úbeda Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baeza Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaén Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Andalucía Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fira Intro, 19 photos
- Lucca Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Baños de la Encina Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos