"My Spain is not Benidorm" Spain by Freddiexpat
Spain Travel Guide: 54,416 reviews and 142,103 photos
Valladolid? Where's that you may ask. Well, it's in north west spain on the Rio Duero. The former capital in pre Napoloenic times and every year they hold a food and wine festival which goes on for 10 days and the bars and restaurants compete for the top awards from the commune to be the best. While this is going on there is a music festival as well in the city. So be prepared for some very long days and nights.
It all kicks off about midday went people start comming out into the old city after a mornings work (for those that have to). There everyone starts to do 'Casatas' which is to take a taster of food and a small glass of beer (150mls) or wine (75mls) for 2,3,or 4 euro's depending on the choice but everyone taking part must offer at least something from the 2 euro menu. All the restaurants and bars take part and put out wooden kiosks all over the old town serving all sorts of delicious surprises. This goes on untill midnight during the week (Mon-Thurs) and then later for the weekend. Then in one square you will have opera, another a pop concert, another a dance party, and so on. The photo shows, top - Cathedral. Mid - Doing Casatas. Lwr - In the Irish Pub (taking a breather). I highly recommend a visit. You will have a great time and it is a great way to finnish off the european summer festival season.
Freddiexpat's Related Pages
Spain Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Viva Espana!"
- "The Clock Does Not "Rule" in Spain"
- "More than this..."
- "VT meeting in Madrid"
- "A Method to the MAD(ness)......and the players!"
- "Bienvenido a Espana - Welcome to Spain."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Spain
- Hotels in Spain
- Transportation in Spain
- Nightlife in Spain
- Restaurants in Spain
- Shopping in Spain
- Warnings and Dangers in Spain
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Spain
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Spain?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Spain
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Ukraine Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cyprus Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Republic of Serbia Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- China Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- England Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- France Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Scotland Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Foz do Iguaçu Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Liptovsky Mikulas Intro, 1 review, 3 photos