"A journey must begin with a single step" Freddiexpat's Profile
"One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things." –- Henry Miller
It starts when you are born and ends when you die. What you do between those points makes the value of your life. So if you don't know where your going any road will lead you there(on a journey) and let you memory be your travel bag.
Here I am at the hub of the world able to go anywhere or nowhere.
I choose to go somewhere! :-)
Be Happy and do it !
In my travels I have met some amazing people. All of them have left an impression on me. None more than my other half with whom I have come to enjoy the beauty of becoming a family. There are many challenges to this and they rival the natural wonders of the world. To combine these together just makes life so wonderful and amazing every day. Go out there with your family and show them the world and it's people with the wonders of nature to inspire you.
The Spring in Kiev is a marvel to enjoy after the beauty of winter. The city suddenly comes into bloom and the seasons march forward. Unlike the UK where they blend into one another. In the matter of just a month/ six weeks the temperature has gone from a cold 5-10'c to a respectable 25-30'c daytime and pleasant evenings where one can be out in shirt sleeves with out additional clothing(ahead of western Europe).
This is certainly the best time to come and visit. To take in the arts in various forms from the ballet/opera at the opera house for a third of the price it would cost in London. The Hydropark opens for the summer season and one of the best city beaches I know comes alive along with the pleasure boats on the river. The are so many activities that one can pack in here in the outdoors as well as the indoors for me it is so much better than most in affordability and with so many good restaurants to choose from is an added bonus.
At the same time the nation still celebrates the end of the Second World War on the 9th May with it memorial parade to all those who died and to never forget the sacrifice made by so many in the fight for liberty from oppression.
All of this available combination of History, Art and culture, Activities and affordability make Kiev a great destination to visit.
Last year Europe's tallest building was officially opened to the public. I recently managed to photograph it from the air. It also brought to life how London's skyline is changing sine I took my title photo on my home page. Sadly the sunlight had just moved off the building by the time we got this close for the shot.
Here we have one of the multiple uses of the VT Flag as a head covering when visiting a church. So with VT you do get to go where no one else can without us being with you..... :-)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 34 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Non-mainstream things to do..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "WOW ! It's fresh seafood!"
- Wrote a Review WOW ! It's fresh seafood! in Cyprus Restaurants
- updated a France Travel Page "Oh,,,, How I love you. Like no other can be."
- Freddiexpat and stavlois are now friends.
- Commented on stavlois's profile page
updated their Profile Page "A journey must begin with a single step"
- Commented on the Kiev travel guide
PhotosSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Ukraine Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Republic of Serbia Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- China Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- England Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- France Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Scotland Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Foz do Iguaçu Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Liptovsky Mikulas Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos