"A journey must begin with a single step" Freddiexpat's Profile

Looking at those steps

"One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things." –- Henry Miller
It starts when you are born and ends when you die. What you do between those points makes the value of your life. So if you don't know where your going any road will lead you there(on a journey) and let you memory be your travel bag.
Here I am at the hub of the world able to go anywhere or nowhere.
I choose to go somewhere! :-)
Be Happy and do it !

Reasons to be cheerful

In my travels I have met some amazing people. All of them have left an impression on me. None more than my other half with whom I have come to enjoy the beauty of becoming a family. There are many challenges to this and they rival the natural wonders of the world. To combine these together just makes life so wonderful and amazing every day. Go out there with your family and show them the world and it's people with the wonders of nature to inspire you.

Easter celebrations and May holiday time in Kiev

The Spring in Kiev is a marvel to enjoy after the beauty of winter. The city suddenly comes into bloom and the seasons march forward. Unlike the UK where they blend into one another. In the matter of just a month/ six weeks the temperature has gone from a cold 5-10'c to a respectable 25-30'c daytime and pleasant evenings where one can be out in shirt sleeves with out additional clothing(ahead of western Europe).
This is certainly the best time to come and visit. To take in the arts in various forms from the ballet/opera at the opera house for a third of the price it would cost in London. The Hydropark opens for the summer season and one of the best city beaches I know comes alive along with the pleasure boats on the river. The are so many activities that one can pack in here in the outdoors as well as the indoors for me it is so much better than most in affordability and with so many good restaurants to choose from is an added bonus.
At the same time the nation still celebrates the end of the Second World War on the 9th May with it memorial parade to all those who died and to never forget the sacrifice made by so many in the fight for liberty from oppression.
All of this available combination of History, Art and culture, Activities and affordability make Kiev a great destination to visit.

London's Changing Skyline

Last year Europe's tallest building was officially opened to the public. I recently managed to photograph it from the air. It also brought to life how London's skyline is changing sine I took my title photo on my home page. Sadly the sunlight had just moved off the building by the time we got this close for the shot.

Virtual Tourist visits the house of God

Here we have one of the multiple uses of the VT Flag as a head covering when visiting a church. So with VT you do get to go where no one else can without us being with you..... :-)

• Intro Updated Jun 7, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Freddiexpat's Profile Photo

Freddiexpat

“The world is my oyster! 7 DAYS OF CHANGE - KIEV (see in my photo library)”

Real Name