"Rizal" Province of Rizal by battlesmith
Province of Rizal Travel Guide: 573 reviews and 2,784 photos
Nowadays, when the name Rizal, as a location is mentioned, a Manilan would usually think of the nearby residential areas of Antipolo, Taytay, Cainta, Angono, Binangonan...the Metro area expands as we talk actually.
But Rizal is more than that. It is true that the province of Rizal is a 20th century creation, but it didn't start from scratch. Rizal is a collection of old towns and districts that previously belong to either the province of Tondo, now dwarfed as just one of the many districts in the City of Manila and the province of Laguna, a southern Tagalog province known for Enchanted Kingdom, the mystical Mount Makiling, its hot springs and as the birthplace of the national hero, whose name became the basis for this new province.
The towns of Rizal located by the lake was populated first. A proof to this statement is the not-so-recently discovered cave writings in one of Binangonan's cave. Consequently, at the arrival of the Spanish missionaries, these communities were the first to be hispanized, which explains the reason why these lake towns contains some of the architecturally best Catholic churches in Luzon.
The developement in the other areas of Rizal came later. As Metro Manila expands, the towns closer to the boundaries become more silimar to the city. Makati CIty, once under Rizal's jurisdiction, is now the most dynamic city in Metro Manila.
The towns of Rizal have interestingly developed their individual identites- suburbia, old towns, artistic tcentres, nature parks, adventurers' paradise, pilgrimage sites, rice fields and so much more. To sum Rizal province up in a sentence is quite an injustice. This diverse province of great potential is indeed worth a second look.
- Pros:accesibility from metro manila
- Cons:rapid urbanization
- In a nutshell:more than just an eastern suburb of Metro Manila
On an ordinary day Tanay could be reached from Baras in a less than 10 minute drive. Just like Baras Church, San... more travel advice
Morong is not very far from Antipolo. The short journey from the hills to this pretty little town is scenic. Off the... more travel advice
battlesmith's Related Pages
Province of Rizal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Rizal!"
- "Mountain Adventure in Rizal"
- "Art Trip"
- "Rizal Province where I grew."
- "Province of Rizal-Quaint & Modern At The Same Time"
- "Going East"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Rizal
- Hotels in Province of Rizal
- Transportation in Province of Rizal
- Nightlife in Province of Rizal
- Restaurants in Province of Rizal
- Shopping in Province of Rizal
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Rizal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Rizal
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Province of Rizal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Rizal
Top 10 Pages
- Province of Rizal Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Manila Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Province of Laguna Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Baguio City Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Province of Pampanga 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Province of Zambales Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Pulau Batam Intro, 3 photos
- Province of Pangasinan 1 review, 1 photo
- Antipolo Intro, 2 photos