"Bay" Bay by battlesmith
Bay Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 12 photos
Bay is like every charming old town. But the sleepy neighborhood might be a far cry from the busy place it once was as the capital of Laguna province. And if that's not enough, the mere fact that Southeast Asia's largest inland lake is named after Bay indicates that it must've been really something before.
Unfortunately, there isn't much to see in Bay. The old Catholic church is a prime example. While its interiors can rival the best in the region, the alteration of the facade is highly disappointing. I'll take big blocks of old stone or bright red bricks over freshly applied gray cement any day.
I'm hoping though that I just came right at an unflattering phase in the reconstruction.
One little tip. Bay is read as Ba-eh or Ba-ih (either way, in Old Tagalog e=i, but they warm to ba-eh more)
This write-up is posted as a tip in battlesmith's Province of Laguna page, where other attractions of Laguna can be found
battlesmith's Related Pages
Bay Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bay
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bay?Share Your Travels
Top 10 Pages
- Province of Rizal Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Manila Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Province of Laguna Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Baguio City Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Province of Pampanga 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Province of Zambales Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Pulau Batam Intro, 3 photos
- Province of Pangasinan 1 review, 1 photo
- Antipolo Intro, 2 photos