"Three Rivers, Two Friends, One Pancake Wonder" Passau by Kakapo2

Passau Travel Guide: 174 reviews and 427 photos

I have not counted how many times I have been to Passau. It has been many, many times over a period of 30 years. My friend Gisela with whom I shared a flat in Munich during my time at university is from Passau, and I visited on a regular base. She only moved away when she married in 2001 - but not far enough to not visit anymore. And she still has family and friends in Passau, and her family is my family, or so... :-) So I have been back with her twice or three times even since I have been living in New Zealand.

When I have time to put this Passau page together I will tell you about the most fantastic place for eating Palatschinken, those incredible filled pancakes. The pancakes I am talking about include the most fantastic view of Passau and its three rivers Donau (Danube), Inn and Ilz. Be prepared to gain weight just by reading my information ;-)

Update Oct. 2012

As it seems to take forever with my Passau posts, here is the link to the Palatschinken temple, named Café Blaas, in Hinding (Austria), just across the border:

• Last visit to Passau: Aug 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 27, 2012

• wabIV's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Hello Sissi, I thought about you when I was in Passau last September. I met to ask you about the quaint Inn that serves Palatschinken. Yum! All the best!

Kakapo2 Visits Here Frequently!

Kakapo2

“Visit dream destinations but keep your eyes open”

Badges & Stats in Passau