"San Francisco, City of Paradise" San Francisco by dee_1NiteAngel
San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,131 reviews and 19,420 photos
San Franciscons are in GREAT shape...and that being said, it is understandable to note that not a large percentage of older citizens nor small children were observed traveling by way of foot.
Hiking the streets of downtown San Francisco means literally paying attention or missing out on something spectacular! The streets are steep, the horizon unlevel, dips and curves absolutely everywhere!! An eagle's eye vertically can spy the oceanfront's thick misty fog rolling slowing inward heading city bound and literally camouflaging the entire city overhead. I hear it is a common occurrence the locals are accustomed to.
I learnt; leave the heels at home/comfortable footware is a must, don't bother with spending any time on the hair-dos or don'ts and looking overhead is just as important for sightseeing and education as looking in a 360 degree circumference.
This cosmopolitan city which lays claim to have captured the hearts of so many who've visited...now holds one more...this is the beginning of a beautiful love affair! ;o)
Collage of four photos depicting the steep streets within the foggy city. Top left, the infamous 'Painted Ladies' highlighted in the introduction of the hit series 'Full House' across the street from the 'Alamo Square'. Bottom left, sloping street of victorian homes I was especially attracted to. Right photo, a main street showcasing the San Francisco Municipal Railway Car descending from yet another steep street. Center left photo was taken on one of the windiest streets in the Nation, 'Lombard Street'. Definitely a 'must drive and experience to believe' (power steering is required)! ;o)
- Pros:Variety of entertainment in a small area city, transportation service(s) to everywhere were timely, efficient and user-friendly.
- Cons:Steep streets, fog, mist and cooler temperatures, come prepared!
- In a nutshell:A cosmopolitan city full of many cultures, education, arts, science, gardens, foods, museums to last a lifetime, truly 'The City of Paradise'!
China Town was not so much as a 'trap' as it was a bit annoying with all of the vendors following us and pushing their... more travel advice
dee_1NiteAngel's Related Pages
San Francisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bagdad by the Bay"
- "San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
- "San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
- "SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
- "San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"
- "I Left My Heart..."
- "San Francisco is Really Shaking Things Up!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Francisco
- Hotels in San Francisco
- Transportation in San Francisco
- Nightlife in San Francisco
- Restaurants in San Francisco
- Shopping in San Francisco
- Warnings and Dangers in San Francisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Francisco
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Francisco
Photos in San FranciscoSee All Photos (19)
Videos in San FranciscoSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Bend Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Oregon 1 review, 5 photos
- Sunriver 1 review, 5 photos
- Seattle Intro, 3 photos
- Newport Intro, 3 photos
- Seaside Intro, 3 photos
- Astoria Intro, 3 photos
- Crater Lake National Park Intro, 3 photos
- Silver Falls State Park Intro, 3 photos