"Third largest city in Siberia" Krasnoyarsk by angelochka
Krasnoyarsk Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 50 photos
The 119m Krasnoyarsk hydroelectric dam, located on the Yenisey river within 30 km upstream from Krasnoyarsk, was finished in 1964 and supplies 6000MW of power (sorry, took this info from Wikipedia), anyway to me it looked powerful and impressive enough!
Construction of the Krasnoyarsk hydroelectric dam greatly impacted the local climate. Before the dam was built, the Yenisey in that area was free from ice for around 196 days per year; now it remains free from ice for the whole year, because of that local climate is more warm and humid.
angelochka's Related Pages
Krasnoyarsk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Krasnoyarsk - a stop on the Transsiberian"
- "Third largest city in Siberia"
- "I spent 1,5 years here"
- "stevewlee's new Krasnoyarsk page"
- "K1W1's new Krasnoyarsk Page"
- "night life of Krasnoyarsk city"
- "Industry, forested hills & The River Yenisey"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krasnoyarsk
- Hotels in Krasnoyarsk
- Transportation in Krasnoyarsk
- Nightlife in Krasnoyarsk
- Restaurants in Krasnoyarsk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krasnoyarsk
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Krasnoyarsk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krasnoyarsk
Photos in KrasnoyarskSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 19 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marmaris Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manaus Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rovinj Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Umag Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues