Almaty Restaurant Tips by angelochka Top 5 Page for this destination
Almaty Restaurants: 51 reviews and 60 photos
kazakh "promised land" is "Zheruik", kind of kazakh dream i suppose, place where there is no wars, no famine, you are always welcome...it took 3 years to build it, surrounding the building are 12 stone figures, they said being protecting you from any danger, the interior itself is worth a visit, on the walls you can see reproductions of prehistoric drawings found in caves in Kazakhstan, different mosaics on the tables (they were using same marble as ordered for Vatican), all dishes are handpainted
about the food itself...please read my general tips
manty, kazy, sopra...
and for desert please order "khvorost" or "chak-chak" (pieces of dough fried in oil and dumped in honey)
Address: Seifullina, 500
Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +7 (3272) 711240
Price: US$41 and up
anbiance in Soho
to be honest we were not looking for any Soho club in Almaty, we were trying to find a specific chinese restaurant, but discovered it doesnt existe anymore, rent was too high for them and some bank bought the whole building..but we had to eat something and occasionally ran into Soho Club, as i understood it's favorite place to have a drink and to relax after hardworking? day for employees from nearby foreign embassies, the music is mostly rock or from 80s, some evenings live music. was just checking their web-site....funny in the "news" they are still inviting people to the party which took place 22 of april (my b/day!) "WE WILL ROCK'N'ROLL YOU"...so guys please update your site:) in the menu i've found a dish "Hangover soup for morning after", maybe will return one day in Almaty to try it:) in the "stars" i discovered Paolo Coelho been there..and he wrote "to Soho with all my love..." (it would be interesting to know what he meant...)
Address: Almaty, Kazybek bi, 65
Comparison: about average
Directions: street crossing Panfilov str. and Furmanov str., close to American embassy
Phone: +7 (3272) 670367
nice restaurant with welcoming stuff, but there was one thing i found rather strange...the waiter when we were making order said..i dont advise you to try any italian dish in our restaurant, cause our italian chef returned home (to Italy?), so it's better to try something else..:)
as i understood this place is fashionable and popular among trendy beautiful people here...
great if you want to have a glass of wine and just relax
Favorite Dish: italian wine venice region
Address: Almaty, prospekt Dostyk, 109b
Comparison: about average
Phone: (3272) 53 13 45
first of all..you wont have any choice if you are at Chimbulak, there is only one cafe nearby,
i can only guess how tasty are the dishes in this small cafe-restaurant, because time we got down there in the evening they ran out of electricity, we couldnt have even tea, so had to drink wine........:) but i've noticed they have few mangals and in normal situation suppose it's possible to have some shashlyk!
Favorite Dish: were just drinking
Address: Chimbulak 2200m
More Reviews (14)
- See All better to pay attention to buildings...
- Wedding or ice-skating:))
- dont believe "Borat"-no multiple kisses...
- See All wide choice and good quality
- See All try kazakh cuisine..but not easy for...
angelochka's Related Pages
Almaty Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mountains, Marijuana fields & Mafia all together!"
- "City of apples or great time with an old flame..."
- "Almaty - The City of Apples"
- "Almaty, Central Asian Jewel"
- "Apple Land"
- "The best place on Earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Almaty
- Hotels in Almaty
- Transportation in Almaty
- Nightlife in Almaty
- Restaurants in Almaty
- Shopping in Almaty
- Warnings and Dangers in Almaty
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Almaty
- 18 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Almaty?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Almaty
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 19 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marmaris Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manaus Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rovinj Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Umag Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues