"Out to see The World!" 1sa's Profile
When the most wildlife you encounter consists of sparse trees in Makati's parks and ubiquitous stray dogs, one is bound to get the travel bug. Luckily, I live in a country that has 7,107 islands, all waiting to be explored!
Metro Manila's not bad, of course -- it's got lots of *ahem* character. But the difference from one place to another within the country, say Sagada and Samar, can be absolutely astounding.
The funny thing is, I'm incredibly susceptible to motion sickness. I always travel armed with Bonamine. I'm so glad it's gotten a lot better lately, though!
I'm a painter, and traveling gives me lots of inspiration for my art. Experiencing new cultures and places always gives me new ideas. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at landscape painting -- which is just as well, since I usually would rather spend time exploring a place than capturing it on canvas. I love capturing places on film, though (or ok, on a digital camera).
Right now, my day job (though art-related) is a part-time gig. This gives me the freedom to hie off to different places during long weekends. Part time gig equals part time finances, however, so this confines me to backpacker-style adventures. It's a lot of fun, though!
One of my ultimate dreams is to fly to China, take the Trans-Siberian all through Russia, take the Orient Express to Istanbul, and go through all of Europe using Eurail. Let's see if that ever happens!!! :D
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 22 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- 1sa and barhal are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Philippines Forum "Re: Visayas or Luzon"
- Wrote a Review artsy! in El Nido Restaurants
- created a El Nido Travel Page "It's For Real!!!"
- Commented on bike_packer's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Holy Week in Manila"
updated their Profile Page "Out to see The World!"
Top 5 Pages
- Sagada Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Samar Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Manila 1 review, 2 photos
- Province of Palawan Intro, 2 reviews