"Out to see The World!" 1sa's Profile

Living in a Concrete Jungle

When the most wildlife you encounter consists of sparse trees in Makati's parks and ubiquitous stray dogs, one is bound to get the travel bug. Luckily, I live in a country that has 7,107 islands, all waiting to be explored!

Metro Manila's not bad, of course -- it's got lots of *ahem* character. But the difference from one place to another within the country, say Sagada and Samar, can be absolutely astounding.

The funny thing is, I'm incredibly susceptible to motion sickness. I always travel armed with Bonamine. I'm so glad it's gotten a lot better lately, though!

Why Travel?

I'm a painter, and traveling gives me lots of inspiration for my art. Experiencing new cultures and places always gives me new ideas. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at landscape painting -- which is just as well, since I usually would rather spend time exploring a place than capturing it on canvas. I love capturing places on film, though (or ok, on a digital camera).

Right now, my day job (though art-related) is a part-time gig. This gives me the freedom to hie off to different places during long weekends. Part time gig equals part time finances, however, so this confines me to backpacker-style adventures. It's a lot of fun, though!

One of my ultimate dreams is to fly to China, take the Trans-Siberian all through Russia, take the Orient Express to Istanbul, and go through all of Europe using Eurail. Let's see if that ever happens!!! :D

• Intro Updated Apr 6, 2006

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2014 at 4:51 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Happy Birthday Isa!

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM

"Happy Birthday", with my best wishes ... :)

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Hello Isa - following the disastrous flood news - thoughts and prayers are with you - let us know you are OK when you can. Carol

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2008 at 6:28 AM

Happy Birthday, Isa! Hope you enjoy a beautiful day!

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2008 at 7:07 PM

♫•:*¨`*:•Happy birthday to you♫♫Happy b-day to you♫HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ღISAღ ♫♫Happy b-day to yoou•:*¨`*:•♫ I wish you not only a happy year, but also happier maany returns (~_~)

• airasia's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2007 at 9:31 PM

yeah Isa please do invite ; )

• asianbelle's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2006 at 12:19 AM

hi 1sa... maybe you could invite us in one of your gigs... maybe have our vt meet there...

• bike_packer's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2006 at 9:19 PM

hello, 1sa (as in 0NE)! Welcome to VT!!! a very turbo-charged start ha! wonderful pages in just 3 days. i enjoy browsing your pages and i like your writing style. kumbaga sa pagkain, napakalinamnam!

• shikokuzen's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2006 at 2:23 AM

mabuhay and welcome...what a cool painting.......i definitely want to see more of your work.........salamat po

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
1sa's Profile Photo

1sa

“well ... what's the worst that can happen?”

Real Name