"Bacalar - the Lake of Seven Colours" Laguna Bacalar by ciaobella55
Laguna Bacalar Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 25 photos
Lake Bacalar is worth a visit. The colours of the lake are amazing - from white to brown and all shades of blue and green. Make sure you do a boat trip leaving from the main dock, it will take you to one of the 8 cenotes around the lake, and an abandoned disco. The cenote is 90mt deep!
- Pros:Feels local rather than touristy
- Cons:Scarce tourist info
- In a nutshell:Relaxing weekend trip
The fort is well-preserved, even has cannons! It was used to protect the area from the pirates who came past... more travel advice
ciaobella55's Related Pages
Laguna Bacalar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Laguna Bacalar and Beyond"
- "Bacalar - the Lake of Seven Colours"
- "Lake of Seven Colors"
- "Laguna Bacalar"
- "If they build it they will come!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Laguna Bacalar
- Hotels in Laguna Bacalar
- Restaurants in Laguna Bacalar
- Warnings and Dangers in Laguna Bacalar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laguna Bacalar
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Laguna Bacalar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laguna Bacalar
Photos in Laguna BacalarSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Playa del Carmen 19 reviews, 7 photos
- Mayapán Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- San Miguel de Allende 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Valladolid 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Laguna Bacalar Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Campeche 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Izamal Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Mérida 1 review, 5 photos
- Dzibilchaltùn Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Cancún 2 reviews, 3 photos