"Small site but great cenote" Dzibilchaltùn by ciaobella55
Dzibilchaltùn Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 28 photos
This is the largest and most intact of the structures on the site. It's called that because seven small sculptures were found when they were excavating, but these are now held in the Museum in Mexico City.
The temple is situated so that on 21st March and 22nd September each year, the sun will shine directly through the archway when it rises.
When you enter, it's the furthest away but go there first. You'll be hot and sticky after the walk to and from and can then have a swim in the cenote
A lovely cenote covered in water lilies, and very refreshing after walking around the site. It's very deep at one end but there are shelves around the edge where you can sit and the small fish will nibble at you!
- Pros:Close to Merida
- Cons:Written explanations could be better - "Building 33" but doesn't say what it was used for
- In a nutshell:Well worth the trip
If you miss the last bus or don't want to wait the 2 hours in between, you can walk back to the T-intersection, from... more travel advice
ciaobella55's Related Pages
Dzibilchaltùn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dzibilchaltùn--"Place with writing on flat stones""
- "Small site but great cenote"
- "Wide but almost unexplored"
- "Place of Inscribed Flat Stones"
- "Pictures of Dzibilchaltun"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dzibilchaltùn
- Transportation in Dzibilchaltùn
- Warnings and Dangers in Dzibilchaltùn
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dzibilchaltùn
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Dzibilchaltùn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dzibilchaltùn
Top 10 Pages
- Playa del Carmen 19 reviews, 7 photos
- Mayapán Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- San Miguel de Allende 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Valladolid 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Laguna Bacalar Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Campeche 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Izamal Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Mérida 1 review, 5 photos
- Dzibilchaltùn Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Cancún 2 reviews, 3 photos