"Izamal the yellow city" Izamal by ciaobella55
Izamal Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 50 photos
Izamal brings together the prehispanic, colonial and contemporary. It's a pretty town where all the buildings are painted yolk yellow.
Built by the Franciscan monks during the first years of Spanish rule, this imposing church overlooks and dominates the main square.
The stained glass window of the Virgin of Izamal is lovely
This is the largest prehispanic building in Yucatan, covering a surface area of 4 hectares. It seems to be a pyramid on top of another pyramid and is very imposing
- Pros:Close to Merida, lots to see
- In a nutshell:Well worth the trip
This is a great way to see the town and the acheological sites. If you go by foot the sites are a fair distance and it's... more travel advice
ciaobella55's Related Pages
Izamal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Izamal: The Oldest City of Yucatan"
- "The Yellow City"
- "Izamal the yellow city"
- "Ciudad Amarilla (Yellow City)"
- "Izamal, la ciudad amarilla"
- "Izamal, the yellow city."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Izamal
- Transportation in Izamal
- Restaurants in Izamal
- Warnings and Dangers in Izamal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Izamal
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Izamal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Izamal
Top 10 Pages
- Playa del Carmen 19 reviews, 7 photos
- Mayapán Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- San Miguel de Allende 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Valladolid 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Laguna Bacalar Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Campeche 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Izamal Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Mérida 1 review, 5 photos
- Dzibilchaltùn Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Cancún 2 reviews, 3 photos