"The Small-Town City" Top 5 Page for this destination Allentown by Lhenne1

Allentown Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 70 photos

Looks like a city, feels like a small town

So this is where I was born and raised. I must admit, I never thought much of A-town while I lived there, but since I've been gone about 10 years, I miss it.

Allentown is the type of place that even after you've been away for decades, you'll still run into people you know at the grocery store. A feel of Pennsylvania Dutch matched with the contemporary.

An amusement park, the one-time home of the liberty bell, and close to the historical sites in Bethlehem and Easton, PA. Near New York and Philly if you want a city, but head the other direction if you seek a quiet farm life in Lancaster County.

Enjoy my little taste of Pennsylvania.

• Pros:Small town feel in a city
  • Cons:Expanding too quickly
  • In a nutshell:Born and raised here...I miss it.
  • Intro Updated Jan 18, 2010

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Great that you knew half the population of that bar, even though you hadn't lived in Allentown for nearly ten years. That's always nice.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2008 at 4:39 PM

Great tips on Allentown. I'll look for Yocco's Hot Dog King next time I'm in the Lehigh Valley area. Cheers from NJ, Bill

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2008 at 10:54 AM

I went to ESU for a few years many moons ago. Although I have some memories of being in Allentown alas, you'll find no tips or photos from me. Sorry!

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2007 at 3:30 PM

How's the tutoring?

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 2:07 AM

The strawberry picking thing sounds like fun to me ;-)

Lhenne1 Was Born Here!

Lhenne1

“One more!”

Badges & Stats in Allentown

Have you been to Allentown?

Latest Activity in Allentown