"The Small-Town City" Top 5 Page for this destination Allentown by Lhenne1
Allentown Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 76 photos
So this is where I was born and raised. I must admit, I never thought much of A-town while I lived there, but since I've been gone about 10 years, I miss it.
Allentown is the type of place that even after you've been away for decades, you'll still run into people you know at the grocery store. A feel of Pennsylvania Dutch matched with the contemporary.
An amusement park, the one-time home of the liberty bell, and close to the historical sites in Bethlehem and Easton, PA. Near New York and Philly if you want a city, but head the other direction if you seek a quiet farm life in Lancaster County.
Enjoy my little taste of Pennsylvania.
- Pros:Small town feel in a city
- Cons:Expanding too quickly
- In a nutshell:Born and raised here...I miss it.
From Thursday to Saturday you will find the Farmer's Market at the Fairgrounds of Allentown packed. From the butcher... more travel advice
Despite what you may have seen on "The Office," there is no train that runs the length of Eastern Pennsylvania.... more travel advice
Lhenne1's Related Pages
Allentown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Small-Town City"
- "oneonta_ni's new Allentown Page"
- "bebop88's new Allentown Page"
- "He rules"
- "Tchr's Allentown Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Allentown
- Hotels in Allentown
- Transportation in Allentown
- Nightlife in Allentown
- Restaurants in Allentown
- Shopping in Allentown
- Warnings and Dangers in Allentown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Allentown
- 19 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Allentown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Allentown
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 72 reviews, 101 photos
- Florence Intro, 23 reviews, 36 photos
- Oahu Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos
- Rome Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newark Intro, 20 reviews, 8 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos