"Small Town Life" Top 5 Page for this destination Dover by Lhenne1
Dover Travel Guide: 151 reviews and 352 photos
After college I took a job in Dover, DE and moved down from Long Island. It's a quaint (and by that I mean small) town about an hour south of Philadelphia. Dover is growing quickly and the mix of people moving to the area is as well.
I enjoyed my time here, reminded me of what my own hometown was like when I was a kid.
You can drive 45 minutes south down rt.1 to the busy beaches in the summer or stay nearby and see the coastal towns within a few minutes of downtown. As a result, there are restaurants serving great local seafood (especially crabs) and a lot to do in the summer.
Aside from the occasional late summer hurricane remnants, Dover makes for a nice spot near the Atlantic.
Loockerman Streetis the historic heart of the city of Dover. The street has a very old-town feel and houses numerous... more travel advice
This tavern on the water is open seasonally and serves great Maryland crabs and local seafood (scallops, shrimp,... more travel advice
Lhenne1's Related Pages
Dover Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Traveling to exotic locations like Dover, DE...""
- "Dover, DE..... Wife's family lives in Bear, DE"
- "Small Town Life"
- "Welcome to Dover Delware"
- "The First State's Capital (Work in progress)"
- "Dozin' in Dover"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dover
- Hotels in Dover
- Transportation in Dover
- Nightlife in Dover
- Restaurants in Dover
- Shopping in Dover
- Warnings and Dangers in Dover
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dover
- 11 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Dover?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dover
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 72 reviews, 101 photos
- Florence Intro, 23 reviews, 36 photos
- Oahu Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos
- Rome Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newark Intro, 20 reviews, 8 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos