"Finally my Puerto Princesa Page!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa City by monina_c

Puerto Princesa City Travel Guide: 657 reviews and 1,710 photos

Palawan

Palawan derived its name from the very shape of the island. It is shaped like an umbrella hence "Paragua" (Spanish) or "Pa-lao-you" (Chinese). It has a total area of 1,703,075 has. and 1,780 islands and islets.

Puerto Princesa is the capital of this beautiful corner of the Philippines. This city, to me, is a cross between urban (small portion) and the old neighborhood 20 years ago. :) One of the running jokes during this trip is the ubiquitous green plastic trash receptacles. You can find these everywhere in the city and its suburbs. Well, no wonder that Puerto Princesa is a Hall of Fame awardee as the "Cleanest and Greenest City"

BTW, if you are keen on DIY-ing your travel in Puerto Princesa, it is a good idea to contact the City Tourism Office. They are a group of helpful people. I find that travel in P.P. more stress-free because their tourism is more organized than other cities.

CITY TOURISM OFFICE OF PUERTO PRINCESA
Airport Compound, Rizal Avenue Ext.,
Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines 5300
Tel. No. (+6348) 434-4211
Telefax No. (+6348) 433-2983
Email: ppc_cto@mozcom.com

For airlines/ferry schedule and contact numbers please check: How to get to Palawan

Memory vs. Reality

I finally fulfilled a promise to myself that I will go back to Puerto Princesa. But it had to wait almost a decade to happen. The first time I went there with my sister but this second trip was taken with 2 cousins who were making their first visit to PP. We met with their brother and his girlfriend who went there a day ahead of us. These cousins and friend took the trip to PP on strength of my stories of the beauty and adventure that can be found in PP.

I was praying that they won't be disappointed. But 10 years is quite a long time for memories of a place to still be the reality so I was a little apprehensive!

Thank God!

My hype was given justice by the reality that is Puerto Princesa! Although there are more hotels and inns, the Honda Bay pier was more built up and there are more establishments, the very core of the city hasn't changed yet. The cleanliness, the peace and friendliness of the people are still as it was 10 years ago.

Palawan Postcard

This postcard is available to anybody who asks for it. Just e-mail me your address and it's on its way!

• Pros:Quiet, Laid-back, Good Food, Friendly People
  • Cons:So little time
  • Last visit to Puerto Princesa City: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2010

• edwinic's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Wow! this is what i am waiting for: a write up from one of VT's best on one of the most beautiful place in the Philippines!!

• mavl's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2010 at 12:21 PM

ehem, from experience! check out my kyoto part 2 album on fb. sorry, no male geishas as far as i know - except the madame butterfly type. pero parang babae na rin yon, haha.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Loved this page, looks like a great place. BTW, the three C's (clean, cozy and cheap) is excellent advice on your hotel, and you have to love an airline (Cebu Pacific) that claims to be - and is - almost always on time.

• Nov 13, 2009 at 10:29 AM

tuba tuba is a Willughbeia sp APOCYNACEAE Iban name is Kubal from Sri Aman

• cruelsan's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2009 at 2:29 AM

ate monins! couldn't post a question so am posting a comment instead...we're going to PP on a DIY set-up. plan ko sana ang Honday Bay is on Sunday. But you said 'it's a bad idea to plan your trip on a Sunday'...you think kasama ang island hopping dun? : (

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Wow - 20 USD for all day boat - an underground river - that's for me! Great stuff here.... <(•¿•)>

• jumpingwithnorman's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Hi... It's JumpingNorman's sister, Nannette. LOVED your Puerto Princessa pages. Haven't been there yet..

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Wonderful Page. I am enchanted by the beauty of Palawan. Someday I am surely going to visit this place.

• AusPinay's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Loved it, love it love it, wonderful page, adn I am convinced! I ]ve long dreamed of going there too, my aunt (RIP) used to lived there.Am jst waiting for the kids to grow older dami kasing allergies e! Thnx for a brilliant page!

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2009 at 2:07 AM

you have a great page. I liked your tips and photos.

monina_c

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. - Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Puerto Princesa City

Have you been to Puerto Princesa City?