"Finally my Puerto Princesa Page!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa City by monina_c
Puerto Princesa City Travel Guide: 875 reviews and 2,424 photos
Palawan derived its name from the very shape of the island. It is shaped like an umbrella hence "Paragua" (Spanish) or "Pa-lao-you" (Chinese). It has a total area of 1,703,075 has. and 1,780 islands and islets.
Puerto Princesa is the capital of this beautiful corner of the Philippines. This city, to me, is a cross between urban (small portion) and the old neighborhood 20 years ago. :) One of the running jokes during this trip is the ubiquitous green plastic trash receptacles. You can find these everywhere in the city and its suburbs. Well, no wonder that Puerto Princesa is a Hall of Fame awardee as the "Cleanest and Greenest City"
BTW, if you are keen on DIY-ing your travel in Puerto Princesa, it is a good idea to contact the City Tourism Office. They are a group of helpful people. I find that travel in P.P. more stress-free because their tourism is more organized than other cities.
CITY TOURISM OFFICE OF PUERTO PRINCESA
Airport Compound, Rizal Avenue Ext.,
Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines 5300
Tel. No. (+6348) 434-4211
Telefax No. (+6348) 433-2983
For airlines/ferry schedule and contact numbers please check: How to get to Palawan
I finally fulfilled a promise to myself that I will go back to Puerto Princesa. But it had to wait almost a decade to happen. The first time I went there with my sister but this second trip was taken with 2 cousins who were making their first visit to PP. We met with their brother and his girlfriend who went there a day ahead of us. These cousins and friend took the trip to PP on strength of my stories of the beauty and adventure that can be found in PP.
I was praying that they won't be disappointed. But 10 years is quite a long time for memories of a place to still be the reality so I was a little apprehensive!
My hype was given justice by the reality that is Puerto Princesa! Although there are more hotels and inns, the Honda Bay pier was more built up and there are more establishments, the very core of the city hasn't changed yet. The cleanliness, the peace and friendliness of the people are still as it was 10 years ago.
This postcard is available to anybody who asks for it. Just e-mail me your address and it's on its way!
- Pros:Quiet, Laid-back, Good Food, Friendly People
- Cons:So little time
Like most cities in the Philippines, motorbikes are everywhere in Puerto Princesa! Most bike riders don't wear helmets... more travel advice
Jeepneys make 3 trips daily from Puerto Princesa City to Sabang starting at about 9:00 am up to the last trip at about... more travel advice
- See All Go an a City Tour - to be updated
- Home of the Red Dragons
- See All Early Morning Breakfasts
- See All Quiet cup of coffee
monina_c's Related Pages
Puerto Princesa City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Finally my Puerto Princesa Page!!!"
- "Princess of All Ports"
- "Visiting Puerto Princesa"
- "My Puerto Princesa City Homepage"
- "puerto princesa!!!"
- "So, this is Puerto??!?"
- "Princess in Puerto Princesa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Princesa City
- Hotels in Puerto Princesa City
- Transportation in Puerto Princesa City
- Nightlife in Puerto Princesa City
- Restaurants in Puerto Princesa City
- Shopping in Puerto Princesa City
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Princesa City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Princesa City
- 24 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 42 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Puerto Princesa City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Princesa City
- updated a Puerto Princesa City Travel Page "Finally my Puerto Princesa Page!!!"
- Posted in Travel Province of Quezon Forum "Re: Quezon province tour"
- Commented on one of monina_c's Puerto Princesa City tips
- Wrote a Review Go an a City Tour - to be updated in Puerto Princesa City Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Traffic Warning!"
Photos in Puerto Princesa CitySee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao City Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa City Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bolinao Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cagayan Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bontoc Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cagbalete Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sariaya Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 6 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue