"Province of Cagayan: Land's End" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cagayan by monina_c

Province of Cagayan Travel Guide: 196 reviews and 1,102 photos

Cagayan Here We Come!

After more than 13 years I had a chance to visit Cagayan again.

I took the trip with fellow VTers, Isa, Cess and Pressy whom I met at the bus station on the night of our departure. :D
This was actually the first time that I saw any of them in person. The bonding with them was instantaneous despite very divergent personalities.
It is amazing how easy it is to feel at ease with these ladies.

Here's the itinerary Isa organized for us:

May 23: Depart 7pm, Baliwag Transit Edsa.
May 24: 5am Tuguegarao, 8am Piat, 12nn Tuguegarao (lunch, tour, etc), 3pm callao Caves
May 25: 8am Tuguegarao, start of visita iglesia tour, 5pm Claveria (check-in, dinner courtesy of boyet & mayet, etc)
May 26: Claveria tour (picnic/swimming by the beach/falls)
May 27: Pagudpod, Bangui, Burgos, Laoag

All the items in our itinerary was covered except for one or two minor stops.

Thirteen years after

Thirteen years and a few changes happened to Magapit Bridge. More foliage on both ends, more sedately colored, multi-colored 13 years ago, now it is a basic silver-gray. it's still a striking view when driving along the highway. People still walk to the middle of the bridge to watch the sunset while sharing a smoke with friends. :D

Pinacanauan River

Touted to be one of the cleanest river in the region, Minoran River, Pinacanauan as the locals call it, is a beautiful stretch of water. I saw a lot of fishes and other water creatures as we glided over its clear waters on the way to watch the flight of bats in Callao.

• Pros:Far
  • Cons:Far
  • In a nutshell:Away!!!
  • Intro Updated Sep 13, 2007

• queenn's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2012 at 5:16 AM

hey sis monins is it safe to swim in minoran river? imagine what if a crocodile stood up on that river waaaaaah... :D

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2010 at 5:22 AM

I think I will leave the Beetle eating for you!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Yehey! Tips about Cagayan 9where my mom is from)! I also did watch those bats -- they were great! Thanks for posting these nice tips about our province, Monina! Norman :) P>S> I actually ate the salagubang, hehehehe

• airasia's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2008 at 8:47 PM

yeah right. quite a bit of place did cross my mind every now & then. In the mean time I wait for your preview if S.Reap is worthwhile ; ))

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2008 at 6:37 PM

everyone who travels to southeast asia talks about its beauty. this place has its own charm. beautiful place well captured by pics.

• jivanne96's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2008 at 8:46 PM

ano bang photo ito ang ganda nakakainggit

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2007 at 3:55 AM

Have enjoyed your tips thanks and chance to see more of the Phillipines - the beetles gave me the shivers but I love sticky rice (im chinese in another life!)and have had similar recipes so would love some Pawa thanks!

• Cess8's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2007 at 7:22 PM

Hehe, nasan mt samat pics nyo, si pres meron na. inggit ako sa inyo, next time for sure sasabit ako sa trip nyo papunta bataan

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2007 at 3:37 AM

Very nice photo's and tips ;-)

• Oct 23, 2007 at 9:27 PM

Monina, take your pick from any picture from my pages. Kung wala kang mapili, ilagay mo na lang ang picture ni MS PIGGY, ha!ha!ha! ay, teka...baka gawin akong pulutan!

monina_c

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. - Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Province of Cagayan

Have you been to Province of Cagayan?