Cagbalete Transportation Tips by monina_c
Cagbalete Transportation: 9 reviews and 8 photos
PHOTO FROM COMPANY WEBSITE
It's now more convenient to travel to Cagbalete from Cubao. JAC Liner has a bus leaving the Kamias Cubao station at around 5 a.m. everyday. I do advice you to get to the bus station at around 4:30 am so you can get choice seats. Given the traffic situation it is prudent to peg travel time at around 4.5 to 5hrs.
All their buses are WIFI ready so you can check your contacts while on the road! :)
Here's a link to JAC Liner website for more info:
Other Contact: 0917 522 5463
Phone: (632)927-4745 / 928-6140
Approaching Sabang, Cagbalete Island
There are two trips to and from Cagbalete Island each day:
a. Mauban to Cagbalete
1st trip - 10:00 a.m.
2nd trip - 4:00 p.m.
b. Cagbalete to Mauban
1st trip - 7:00 a.m.
2nd trip - 1:00 p.m.
BTW, boat fare is P30/way.
If you don't want to wait for the regularly scheduled boat, you can rent a small boat for P750/way to take you straight to Villa Cleofas.
Pres paying the boat crew.
Going to Cagbalete from Manila requires land and sea travel. :) Quite a long trip actually.
Stage 1. MANILA - LUCENA
You can go to the Jac Liner/JAM Liner/Lucena Lines Station in Kamias, Edsa/Cubao or in Buendia-Taft (LRT). The buses leave every 30 min for Lucena. The bus ride costs around P224/way and takes about 3.5 hours.
Stage 2. LUCENA-MAUBAN
Upon reaching the Lucena City Grand Terminal There are mini-buses (non-aircon) bound for Mauban leave every hour. The 1.5 hour trip to Mauban costs P50/way. The last trip for Mauban is 6 pm. From Manila another alternative is for you to take the Dalahican bound bus and get off at SM-Lucena and get on one of the air-conditioned vans bound for Mauban for P60/way (1hour travel). Per info, the last trip for aircon vans is 9 pm.
Stage 3. MAUBAN-CAGBALETE.
Boats bound for Cagbalete Island have 2 trips daily: 1st trip leaves at 10:00 am and the 2nd at 4:00 pm. Fare is P30/way (almost an hour trip). There is a small village in the island which serves as the disembarkation point, Sabang. From Sabang, you might prefer to hike going to Villa Cleofas, it will only take you about 45 minutes easy walk with a lot of stops in between for photo ops! :)
Or rent a small boat which according to a lady we talked with, will cost around P300.00.
The boat back to Mauban town leaves Sabang twice: 1st trip is at 7:00 am and the 2nd trip is at 1:00 pm.
We preferred to rent a boat from Villa Cleofas for P750/boat (6-7 pax capacity) to take us straight to Mauban pier as this freed us from the hike back to Sabang. From there we caught the bus bound for Lucena in from of the Catholic Church. This bus will take you back to the Lucena Grand Terminal where you can catch a bus bound for either LRT-Buendia or Cubao, whichever takes your fancy.
More Reviews (15)
- See All Explore Yang-In Sand bar
- See All What Shopping? Where?
- See All Not really a warning but a reminder ;D
- Friendly Locals
- Bring Everything!!!
monina_c's Related Pages
Cagbalete Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cagbalete, Mauban, Quezon"
- "Cagbalete Island"
- "Cagbalete Island"
- "D' caGbalete hotbabes!"
- "Cagbalete Island, Mauban, Quezon"
- "Discovering Cagbalete"
- "A Wee Slice of White Sand Happiness"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cagbalete
- Hotels in Cagbalete
- Transportation in Cagbalete
- Nightlife in Cagbalete
- Restaurants in Cagbalete
- Shopping in Cagbalete
- Warnings and Dangers in Cagbalete
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cagbalete
- 18 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Cagbalete?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cagbalete
Photos in CagbaleteSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao City Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa City Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bolinao Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cagayan Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bontoc Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cagbalete Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sariaya Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 6 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue