"Dingalan" Dingalan by monina_c
Dingalan Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 43 photos
Green of nature, blue of the sky and exuberance of youth!
This is the Picture that remains in my mind when I think of Dingalan. I try hard not to think of the devastation of 2004 and the hardship being experienced by the people who stayed after the floods.
This chapter's title says it all. Visiting Dingalan is way off the beaten path.
Dingalan, is a town in the Province of Aurora. It is nestled between the mountains and Dingalan Bay. Getting there requires 5 hrs. of travel by road. Passing through the provinces of Bulacan and Nueva Ecija.
The residents of Dingalan come from the different regions of the Philippines who came to this bayside town with a single purpose, to find a better life.
As told by my mother, Dingalan was once just a community built by a logging company. The company brought its men and their families to open up a sawmill there and to transport the logs to the markets in Cabanatuan and Manila. When the logging company prospered, more people came to seek their fortunes and opened up new ventures like fishing, trading, etc. Later the company built a school and a small church for its people.
After a couple of decades more logging companies came, not all of them recognized the need for environment preservation. They rushed in to get what they can from the town and left destruction behind. This is the beginning of the end for this town. 2004 ended in horror and pain for the families in Dingalan when a series of storms caused floods, mud and rockslides that destroyed the houses and killed scores of residents.
But despite of the losses and pain they suffered, the people of Dingalan continue to live their lives. Albeit keepoing one eye on the weather.
Some of the things that made Dingalan special are gone forever, like the waterfalls and the trees that shaded the main street of Paltic. But White Beach is still there, Matawe is still there. The sea caves of Lamao still await explorers.
It's a narrow stretch of white sand beach with rudimentary amenities. You can spend the day exploring the rocky end of... more travel advice
I haven't tried this Inn but people say that it is adequate for budget travel. This Inn is located in the town proper... more travel advice
monina_c's Related Pages
Dingalan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Dingalan Experience"
- "Great for Fishing.... DINGALAN"
- "Refreshing Dingalan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dingalan
- Hotels in Dingalan
- Transportation in Dingalan
- Nightlife in Dingalan
- Restaurants in Dingalan
- Warnings and Dangers in Dingalan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dingalan
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Dingalan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dingalan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao City Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa City Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bolinao Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cagayan Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bontoc Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cagbalete Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sariaya Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 6 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue