"My Pagbilao Page" Pagbilao by monina_c
Pagbilao Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 203 photos
Pagbilao is a small town nestled between the mountains and the sea. It's been blessed with great beaches and green forests.
It is a farming/fishing community and the home of the 704 MW coal-fired power plant originally owned by Mirant but had changed hands several times and is currently owned by a chinese company.
It is also the home of the Quezon National Park and the Quezon National Agricultural School.
QNFP have been written off by conservation organizations in the province as hopeless. That it is too far gone to save. But it is a pity to just let this stop us from trying to educate the residents on the concept of conservation and to find alternatives to their traditional source of livelihood (illegal cutting of trees within the park).
It took us 2 years back in the late '90s to set up the Camp Trining Environment Center where students from the Quezon National Agricultural School and the Girl Scouts of the Philippines can undertake environmental activities geared towards preserving the Park.
I hope that at this time the efforts that have started this project have borne fruit and that what remains of the Park is extant.
The Mangrove Forest (aka Carbon Sink Initiative) was declared a protected area by virtue of AO No. 7, s. 1975. It's... more travel advice
This is a reasonably priced accommodation in Pagbilao especially for those who are planning to explore Puting Buhangin,... more travel advice
monina_c's Related Pages
Pagbilao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wow, Pagbilao!"
- "My Pagbilao Page"
- "Famour for Fishing and Beaches"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pagbilao
- Hotels in Pagbilao
- Transportation in Pagbilao
- Nightlife in Pagbilao
- Restaurants in Pagbilao
- Warnings and Dangers in Pagbilao
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pagbilao
- 5 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Pagbilao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pagbilao
Photos in PagbilaoSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao City Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa City Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bolinao Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cagayan Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bontoc Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cagbalete Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sariaya Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 6 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue