"Sagada? So how many times have you been back?" Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada by monina_c

Sagada Travel Guide: 692 reviews and 1,956 photos

walking to my heart's content*

I got the map on the picture for P10 way back in 1997. It's served me well each time I go back to visit. When people ask me why i keep going back to Sagada, I always tell them that Sagada is the only place where I can walk for an hour without meeting anybody else. Each visit reveals new things to marvel at and going back to places i've been to before seems like having a reunion with old friends! :)

It is a pity there's a little less pine trees each time i visit .
So to people who haven't been to sagada yet... GO!!!
Before they put up a hostel in every mountaintop! :(

I've written up a SAMPLE ITINERARY for those who need some help in organizing their Sagada Trip.

Legend - Reality*

The rice terraces stretch step after step seemingly up to the heavens. According to legend the Igorot god, Kabunian used these steps to visit his people on earth.

The reality is that the rice terraces is the result of hundred years of back-breaking labor from the ancestors of the present-day Sagadans. Each terrace is carved out of the mountainside by hand, using the most basic of tools. The rice terraces in Sagada differ mainly from those in Banaue in that the walls of the terraces in Sagada are made of rocks and boulders piled together. The terraces follow the contour of the mountains and the giant boulders that prove difficult to remove are left as it is, adding more interest and drama to the landscape.

solitude - company*

Sagada is a good place for contemplation and getting in touch with ourselves. There are a lot of places you can walk to, where you can be alone for as long as you want to be. Conversely, Sagada is a very laid-back kind of place where people can relax and let down their defenses. Thus, making it easier to make friends and share travel experiences. I have found new friends during my travels in Sagada and despite time and distance, maintain contact with them.

• Pros:quiet, unique, cool
  • In a nutshell:unique experience
  • Last visit to Sagada: Apr 2009
  • Intro Updated Aug 24, 2011

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2013 at 7:41 AM

some very useful tips Monina! is it really that cold? I better take lots of warm clothes as I'm always cold. will make sure not to miss Yoghurt House and Sagada Lemon Pie House :)

• monina_c's Profile Photo
      Jan 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM

mira i am glad you've read it. it's a little cold at nights but during day time it is very hot. :)

• paolodecastro's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2011 at 6:20 PM

i like your sagada itenerary.......it will be a great help to us...:)

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Nice Sagada info. How far is it from Manila? Seems to be a very quite place. But why curfew? Tribals everywhere follow runes for harvesting.

• airasia's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Cool ! I can imagine why you are anxious to reach July : )) I presume you will be venturing like 2 weeks or so for these 2 cool place ?

• allelli's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2007 at 8:21 PM

it seems the log cavin restaurant is interested, di ko palalag pasin yan pag pupunta na me dyan

• sakikot's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2007 at 8:47 PM

Hi Monina! Thanks for the card:D That's so cute! I'll meet my sister on Sunday. She is coming to my olace! I also hope you'll have great weekend, Monina!

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2007 at 5:38 PM

I'm not too sure what to do with that one, other than just enjoy having her around here. Beautiful piccies, BTW.

• joysweet's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2007 at 10:26 PM

monina! ndi ko kaya to.... although very interested ako mag Sagada :)

• atufft's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2007 at 11:57 PM

Interesting place--Sagada. Nicely described nature adventure.

• Elodie_Caroline's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2007 at 10:42 PM

A very good 6.37 am to you too Monina! :-)

monina_c

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. - Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Sagada