"Sagada? So how many times have you been back?" Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada by monina_c
Sagada Travel Guide: 719 reviews and 2,046 photos
I got the map on the picture for P10 way back in 1997. It's served me well each time I go back to visit. When people ask me why i keep going back to Sagada, I always tell them that Sagada is the only place where I can walk for an hour without meeting anybody else. Each visit reveals new things to marvel at and going back to places i've been to before seems like having a reunion with old friends! :)
It is a pity there's a little less pine trees each time i visit .
So to people who haven't been to sagada yet... GO!!!
Before they put up a hostel in every mountaintop! :(
I've written up a SAMPLE ITINERARY for those who need some help in organizing their Sagada Trip.
The rice terraces stretch step after step seemingly up to the heavens. According to legend the Igorot god, Kabunian used these steps to visit his people on earth.
The reality is that the rice terraces is the result of hundred years of back-breaking labor from the ancestors of the present-day Sagadans. Each terrace is carved out of the mountainside by hand, using the most basic of tools. The rice terraces in Sagada differ mainly from those in Banaue in that the walls of the terraces in Sagada are made of rocks and boulders piled together. The terraces follow the contour of the mountains and the giant boulders that prove difficult to remove are left as it is, adding more interest and drama to the landscape.
Sagada is a good place for contemplation and getting in touch with ourselves. There are a lot of places you can walk to, where you can be alone for as long as you want to be. Conversely, Sagada is a very laid-back kind of place where people can relax and let down their defenses. Thus, making it easier to make friends and share travel experiences. I have found new friends during my travels in Sagada and despite time and distance, maintain contact with them.
- Pros:quiet, unique, cool
- In a nutshell:unique experience
You will find SLPH on your way to Sumaguing Cave. Its facade is painted lemon pie yellow (what else?) with a little... more travel advice
Take a jeep to Bangaan then hike down to Bomod-ok Falls. It takes about 30 minutes to hike to the village. Register at... more travel advice
monina_c's Related Pages
Sagada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sagada: My Nirvana"
- "Sagada? So how many times have you been back?"
- "Paradise Amidst Mountains"
- "Serene Sagada"
- "SAGADA: No other place on earth comes close"
- "ON THE ROAD TO SAGADA!"
- "Sagada High"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sagada
- Hotels in Sagada
- Transportation in Sagada
- Nightlife in Sagada
- Restaurants in Sagada
- Shopping in Sagada
- Warnings and Dangers in Sagada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sagada
- 20 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 129 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Sagada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sagada
- updated a Sagada Travel Page "Sagada? So how many times have you been back?"
- Posted in Travel Province of Quezon Forum "Re: Quezon province tour"
- Commented on one of monina_c's Sagada tips
- Wrote a Review Not a "Warning" Warning but a Suggestion :) in Sagada Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Be prepared!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao City Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa City Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bolinao Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cagayan Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bontoc Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cagbalete Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sariaya Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 6 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue