"Taal Volcano" Top 5 Page for this destination Taal by monina_c
Taal Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 184 photos
The cool breeze was a welcome presence upon reaching the crater. The crater itself was a sight to see. The water within it looked so calm and harmless, mirroring the surrounding ridge. Beautiful!
Do not be fooled by the touts on the Taal Volcano Island who tell you that the trail to the crater is difficult and too long to walk.
First off, the trail up is only 4-kilometer gradual hike up. Any reasonably healthy/fit person can walk the whole way although the final hundred yards to the crater is steeper than the rest of the trail. The downside to walking is that the trail is dusty and sometimes the soil loose beneath one's feet. So watch where you put your feet.
Second, if you do decide to ride a horse, the owner of the horses will quote you a prohibitive price for rental of a horse e.g. P700. Do not snap this up (even if you can afford it!) The actual price is way lower than that, say P400, but you can definitely make a better bargain than we did.
Third, the way down is easier to manage so you can take a look around and get photos that you might not have time for on the way up.
The Basilica de San Martin de Tours or simply known as Taal Basilica is located in a most prominent area. It is easily... more travel advice
This is a MUST SEE in the heritage town of Taal, Batangas. Not only because of its imminence in the history of... more travel advice
monina_c's Related Pages
Taal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Taal Homepage"
- "Taal Volcano"
- "Fascinating Town of Taal"
- "A heritage town down south"
- "TAAL LAKE AND VOLCANO TRIP"
- "Historic Town in Batangas Province"
- "Rustic Province"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taal
- Hotels in Taal
- Transportation in Taal
- Restaurants in Taal
- Shopping in Taal
- Warnings and Dangers in Taal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taal
- 12 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Taal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taal
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao City Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa City Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bolinao Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cagayan Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bontoc Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cagbalete Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sariaya Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 6 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue