"Angkor Wat a Wealth of Temples" Angkor Wat by monina_c

Angkor Wat Travel Guide: 1,645 reviews and 4,781 photos

Little Ms. Drama

My young friend Matt asked this question in his Cambodia page:

What will you do if suddenly this poor kid with a cute Cambodian English accent (That's nice to mimic!) suddenly leeches on you (without you asking), forces you to do the bargaining game with him and constantly harrasses you to buy his postcards? Will you:
A.) Pity the kid and buy his stuff.
B.) Politely say no and no until he leaves.
C.) Scream at him and harass him back! ?

Well, in our case it was this little 5 y.o. girl selling handmade bamboo objects that make a clicking sound when you shake it. She had her spiel down pat and had my friend's number. It's Letter A for my friend and the girl skipped happily off to look for another sucker (Me!). It cost us a dollar each and a little bit of pride as we drove off... our companions poking fun at us for our "high sucker quotient".

If you have a tender heart and you see these little kids coming, hold on tight to your wallet and run to the opposite direction. But if melting eyes and sing-song voice has no effect on you, then you'll be just fine! :)

• Intro Updated Nov 13, 2008

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Beautiful! A place I would absolutely love to visit!

• monina_c's Profile Photo
      Feb 4, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Thank you for visiting my page! Indeed, Angkor Wat is a place worth visiting.

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2010 at 4:26 AM

Nice pages. I loved Angkor as well!

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2009 at 7:03 PM

i have read so much about this tourist destination, especially my VT friend herzog63 (Scott) was here long time ago :-) nice written tips.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I've always wanted to visit Angkor Wat, and someday will. Looks like a very good hotel tip. :)

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Wow! nice Angkor Wat page. But please complete. During 5-7th entury Indian Emperors sent ambassadors to SEA to spread Buddhism and peace. These are result of these. I am sure going to visit some day!

• AusPinay's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2009 at 5:50 AM

Good tip dear! Kahit dito, yung Thai restaurant, ganun din.minsan naman fish fillets daw aba, shredded na, halos madurog durog pa saksakan pa ng mahal ayun, di kinain ug bunso namin, Dios mio $17.50 nasayang,LOL!

• airasia's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2009 at 12:03 AM

the dunes are in my overdue dubai pages. its not really complete yet & perhpas will never be completed as i am too lazy like the locals ; )

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Angkor Wat sounds like an awesome place, nice pics you have here! I will try to visit it when we go to RP...Norman :)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Bring back fond memories. Enjoyed your tips about the children selling souvenir. When I was there, I was impressed by their language skills in Japanese and English, now they have taken up acting skils. "Spare a postcard for a poor boy, Madam." LOL

• Dyesebel's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Nice page!sana matuloy ako nxt year para makapunta din ako dito.

monina_c

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. - Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Angkor Wat

Have you been to Angkor Wat?