"Life's a Kelp Forest..." Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey by squidly2

Monterey Travel Guide: 932 reviews and 2,787 photos

I moved here in 2005, so on my pages I've included some things I've learned along the way. If someone already wrote about a place, I haven't included it in my "tips". I'm just trying to fill in the blanks -- things I would want to know planning an extended vacation perhaps...

I recommend one book on the area. It's called "Day Hikes Around Monterey and Carmel: 77 Great Hikes". It includes hikes from Moss Landing down to Big Sur.

• Last visit to Monterey: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2006

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 2:05 AM

The kelp forest looks great ;-)

• Lhenne1's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2006 at 4:15 PM

Hi! I'm moving to Monterey next summer and I see you're a diver. What's the diving like in that area of California? I'm getting mixed reviews so I'd love to hear from someone who actually lives there! Thanks!

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 8:24 PM

Great Monterey tips...I just moved here and am always looking for something new and exciting. I loved your scuba pics!

• jol1y's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2006 at 11:57 AM

Your very lucky to live where you do. It's one of my favorite places. My wife wants one of those houses on the 17 mile drive.

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2006 at 6:53 PM

Amy, thanks for the insider Monterey tips. I get there occasionally but thinking back, it has been since RE'03 for me. BTW, I am not a Stanford alum; I just have a cousin who did her residency at Stanford and stayed to practice in Menlo Park.

• Camping_Girl's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2006 at 7:36 PM

I enjoyed your Monterey page. Thanks for your comments on my GNP page. You should consider a trip to Waterton while you're in GNP. That way, you can add a Canadian destination to your travel map! Cheers!

• gubbi1's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2006 at 1:59 PM

Hi, yes canyoning is fun, not just because it sometimes looks like diving without water. Seriously I was surprised how much condition you have to have. You should try it (but in some warmer water... :). Take care, Christian.

• Shaft28's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2006 at 12:04 PM

Monterey is one of my fav CA cities. Used to work there in the ealry 1990's when I was in college. Haven't been in years. Enjoyed your tips!

squidly2 Used To Live Here!

“small towns and open spaces!”

Badges & Stats in Monterey

Have you been to Monterey?

Latest Activity in Monterey