"PULAU BATAM, INDONESIA 2006: Sat 25 Mar - Sun 26" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam by rajitravel
Pulau Batam Travel Guide: 411 reviews and 1,071 photos
The island of Batam is very near to Singapore and can be reached by a 40 minutes ferry ride. It is a very good getaway from the modern and orderly nature of Singapore.
Batam is one of the largest islands in the Riau archipelago, and not long ago it was just another poor island with coastal villages and unspoiled nature. The declaration of the Batam free trade zone in 1989 has turned the island upside down, after just a few years of rapid construction it now has a modern airport, tourist and business centers and a still growing infrastructure that has changed the island completely.
Batam is actually one of fastest growing tourist destinations in Indonesia in terms of visitor arrivals
The climate in Batam is veryhot and humid but we can enjoy ferry ride.
Let me share with you information about Batam Island.
- Pros:very cheap to buy stuffs
- Cons:some places are dusty and dirty
Galang boats in Vietnamese Refugee Camp more travel advice
Pulau Batam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PULAU BATAM, INDONESIA 2006: Sat 25 Mar - Sun 26"
- "Batam Island - A Relaxing Island Near Singapore"
- "Batam Trip 2005: Fri 25th Mar - Sun 27th Mar"
- "Batam-nearer to Singapore than to Jakarta"
- "Twin Land of Singapore"
- "An Island South of Singapore"
- "Batam Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Batam
- Hotels in Pulau Batam
- Transportation in Pulau Batam
- Nightlife in Pulau Batam
- Restaurants in Pulau Batam
- Shopping in Pulau Batam
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Batam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Batam
- 57 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Pulau Batam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Batam
Photos in Pulau BatamSee All Photos (56)
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (1)
No friends yet.