"Natural Bridge Sate Park" Natural Bridge State Park by Stonefinder1
Natural Bridge State Park Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 61 photos
The Trails are great, They are very steep though. Make sure you have a good walking stick and comfortables shoes, Some stairs on the hike are 10 stories high and very steep. It then Flatens out then you have more steps this is true with trail number 2. Devils gulch is very steep as well
Me and Tine started on trail 2 which goes past the cave then onto balanced rock then to the shelter across the bridge itself then on past the skylift then to lookout point, then we went down devils gulch and back to the highway. we figured the entire hike was about 6 miles
Tina at lookout point looking back at the bridge
We stayed at Middle fork Campground, We have a tent but utilized the electric and water at the sight. The campground is overall OK at best. There was no ice, some of the campsights were in disrepair and some very small, People with trailers had to park in the grass. The bathrooms were very dark as the light bulbs were out and only had 2 showers in each Tina had to wait almost 30 minutes to get a shower and she says it was pretty Nasty. Notice our campsight 1 tent and a truck and there was no more room. The road is right at our bumber, also notice our canopy tilted it would not fit and hung over the edge. The sight was not big enought for a standard 10 x 10 c anopy and a tent, Note we had one of the nicer sights!
- Pros:Good Hiking
- Cons:The Campgrounds could use much improvement
There is no railings on the Natural bridge or lookout point, They say about 40 people a year fall and at least 2 die... more travel advice
Stonefinder1's Related Pages
Natural Bridge State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Natural Bridge State Resort Park"
- "Natural Bridge Sate Park"
- "Natural Bridge - Cave Run"
- "Natural Bridge State Park, Kentucky, USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Natural Bridge State Park
- Hotels in Natural Bridge State Park
- Transportation in Natural Bridge State Park
- Nightlife in Natural Bridge State Park
- Restaurants in Natural Bridge State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Natural Bridge State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Natural Bridge State Park
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Natural Bridge State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Natural Bridge State Park
Photos in Natural Bridge State ParkSee All Photos (8)
Top 5 Pages
- Wexford Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Natural Bridge State Park Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Gatlinburg Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Gaeta Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.